• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm no anti-semite

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll have most people upset with me because without getting into the tortured and abysmal history of the region, I stand against atrocities no matter who commits them and think the only way out is to have both sides sit down and talk.

Side note: I've not seen any pink unicorns but who knows what's happening just out of sight.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'll have most people upset with me because without getting into the tortured and abysmal history of the region, I stand against atrocities no matter who commits them and think the only way out is to have both sides sit down and talk.

Side note: I've not seen any pink unicorns but who knows what's happening just out of sight.

Relevance?

InChrist

Free4ever
I want to get along peacefully with Jews.
I think it’s a good idea and biblical to live peaceably with everyone as much as possible…
…. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
(Romans 12:18).

Nevertheless, with the rise in antisemitism occurring, it’s probably a wise idea to determine not to go along with such sentiments if or as they continue to increase.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Consider: Arabs are Semites, too, and considering the degree of European admixture in Israel's Jewish population, Arabs are probably more genetically Semitic than the Jewish Israelis.

So where's the rub: Religion, genetics, or behavior?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Consider: Arabs are Semites, too, and considering the degree of European admixture in Israel's Jewish population, Arabs are probably more genetically Semitic than the Jewish Israelis.

So where's the rub: Religion, genetics, or behavior?
Are you familiar with the history of the word and its usage?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
As long as you keep your hands off me.
Some Jews don't think Israel should be a country and Jews would be fine without it.
My understanding is that Orthodox Jews are generally regarded as praying each year hoping that maybe they'll be in Jerusalem the next year.
-source of the second statement: jewfaq.org
The thread is about ...

As for ...

To be perfectly honest, no.
Well, your Torah says the land belongs to you for one thing.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Some Jews don't think Israel should be a country and Jews would be fine without it.
My understanding is that Orthodox Jews are generally regarded as praying each year hoping that maybe they'll be in Jerusalem the next year.
-source of the second statement: jewfaq.org

Well, your Torah says the land belongs to you for one thing.
But the Torah doesn't give any geographical markings. The best that can be identified, that I've been able to find, are something like this depicted below from the Book of Joshua.

So if Judah and Benjamin were the tribes to settle Judea, and the only left to claim the land, then "Israel" would be MUCH smaller.

And I'm being argumentative on purpose -- to make the point, there's lots of ways to look at this controversy.
Screenshot_20240404_141556_Google.jpg

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
But the Torah doesn't give any geographical markings. The best that can be identified, that I've been able to find, are something like this depicted below from the Book of Joshua.

So if Judah and Benjamin were the tribes to settle Judea, and the only left to claim the land, then "Israel" would be MUCH smaller.

And I'm being argumentative on purpose -- to make the point, there's lots of ways to look at this controversy.
View attachment 90854
I've actually thought of that. Maybe the boundaries depend on the Jews' righteousness. I probably POed a few Jews saying that.

(I'm saying maybe the Torah specifies a variable border that depends on their righteousness).

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I've actually thought of that. Maybe the boundaries depend on the Jews' righteousness. I probably POed a few Jews saying that.

(I'm saying maybe the Torah specifies a variable border that depends on their righteousness).
You're probably correct. And you earned it. "Righteousness" shouldn't have anything to do with it, however "rightness" is what it's about.