• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm so exhausted

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Working two jobs and caring for my ill father...I just love him so much but I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I don't like that he's getting older. I don't like death. I don't like it, Krishna! I know I know, the soul is eternal blah blah blah...but watching someone you love get older and weaker is so hard.

I'm gonna go eat cheesecake and watch Golden Girls. I need Sophia's wisdom.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Working two jobs and caring for my ill father...I just love him so much but I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I don't like that he's getting older. I don't like death. I don't like it, Krishna! I know I know, the soul is eternal blah blah blah...but watching someone you love get older and weaker is so hard.

I'm gonna go eat cheesecake and watch Golden Girls. I need Sophia's wisdom
I'm watching two of us go down that road. My wife has dementia and I'm sicker than her......Boy, I'd like some cheesecake...

Please understand these problems are harder on my daughter and son. My wife and I have to travel our own road and with age we understand and will accept what will be will be.....When you write,"the weight of the world is on my shoulders", you should know your father doesn't want you to feel that way. No matter how true it may be....Two jobs are more than enough to wear you down..Love need not die.

Last edited:

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
When you write,"the weight of the world is on my shoulders", you should know your father doesn't want you to feel that way. No matter how true it may be....Two jobs are more than enough to wear you down..Love need not die.

I know he doesn't, and I would never tell him that. I'll always be there for him, no matter what. He's honestly the best dad ever and I love him so much.

I actually offered my second job shift tonight to someone else. It was only three hours. So when I am done today I can come home and hang out with him. We can watch silly tv and just chill.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I know he doesn't, and I would never tell him that. I'll always be there for him, no matter what. He's honestly the best dad ever and I love him so much.

I actually offered my second job shift tonight to someone else. It was only three hours. So when I am done today I can come home and hang out with him. We can watch silly tv and just chill
That's great! I wish you and your dad the best. Right now, I'm going to eat some watermelon my daughter cut for me; it is my duty, I'm a good boy..:D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's great! I wish you and your dad the best. Right now, I'm going to eat some watermelon my daughter cut for me; it is my duty, I'm a good boy..:D

I love watermelon, they only just started to become available here this year

Have you tried watermelon smoothie?

Blend chunks of watermelon and black pepper. Wonderful refreshing summer drink

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I'm gonna go eat cheesecake and watch Golden Girls. I need Sophia's wisdom.

I'm watching two of us go down that road. My wife has dementia and I'm sicker than her......Boy, I'd like some cheesecake...

Please understand these problems are harder on my daughter and son. My wife and I have to travel our own road and with age we understand and will accept what will be will be.....When you write,"the weight of the world is on my shoulders", you should know your father doesn't want you to feel that way. No matter how true it may be....Two jobs are more than enough to wear you down..Love need not die.
Seven years ago, my lover was hit by a devastating form of Guillaine-Barre Syndrome (paralyzed from the neck down), was hospitalized for 8 1/2 months, and needs care now. He is 62, and I am 75. While he was in hospital, I went there every day from work at lunch, then back to work, then back for dinner, to feed him. During that time, we were trying to deal with his mother's will, and all the banking and other legal issues pertaining. You can't imagine how hard all that is with just a power of attorney, and him having no ability to sign anything (we had to hire a mobile Notary to come to the hospital a few times). After the 8 1/2 months in hospital, he came home. I had had the bathroom redone so he could use it, bathe and so forth.

I have, of course, been his caregiver through all that, while still working. I know how hard it is, and you both have my my sympathy and my admiration for what you are doing.

What I did find, though, is that I could persuade a few friends to come by from time to time, so that I could go out, and that worked really well. It had the advantage of giving him somebody besides me to talk to -- that's gotta be a big relief in itself! ;) You would be amazed at how well that can work -- just having those hours to yourself, to do what you wish. Go to a movie, a gallery, the pub to chat with friends -- anything at all. And it gives you the chance to re-energize so that you can carry on.

And yes, the cheesecake helps. Ever tried pumpkin cheesecake? Yummy!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Seven years ago, my lover was hit by a devastating form of Guillaine-Barre Syndrome (paralyzed from the neck down), was hospitalized for 8 1/2 months, and needs care now. He is 62, and I am 75. While he was in hospital, I went there every day from work at lunch, then back to work, then back for dinner, to feed him. During that time, we were trying to deal with his mother's will, and all the banking and other legal issues pertaining. You can't imagine how hard all that is with just a power of attorney, and him having no ability to sign anything (we had to hire a mobile Notary to come to the hospital a few times). After the 8 1/2 months in hospital, he came home. I had had the bathroom redone so he could use it, bathe and so forth.

I have, of course, been his caregiver through all that, while still working. I know how hard it is, and you both have my my sympathy and my admiration for what you are doing.

What I did find, though, is that I could persuade a few friends to come by from time to time, so that I could go out, and that worked really well. It had the advantage of giving him somebody besides me to talk to -- that's gotta be a big relief in itself! ;) You would be amazed at how well that can work -- just having those hours to yourself, to do what you wish. Go to a movie, a gallery, the pub to chat with friends -- anything at all. And it gives you the chance to re-energize so that you can carry on.

And yes, the cheesecake helps. Ever tried pumpkin cheesecake? Yummy!
It's amazing what love can enable us to accomplish but we have no choice, it is who we are......thank you for relating your experience.