• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm suing my former shrinks practice

jasonwill2

He pulled a bible out on me about a year ago and tried to convert me (not overtly but very heavily implied), and all our sessions up being debates until I stopped going in May.

They called me wanting to know why I stopped going, and I called back to a clueless receptionist. She wanted to know if I wanted a call back as he was in a session. I said I was just out and say it that I stopped going because he pulled out a Bible on me and tried to convert me and that is why I left.

She started giggling and not getting that is exactly what I wanted her to say.

Cue I snapped.

I was direct and assertive "Tell him he's lucky I didn't sue him."

"Okay" she said somewhat meekly.

"I'm serious about that."

She was very urgent to hang up. "Oh.. um, okay, bye then."

This happened a few moments ago, I mentioned it to my grandfather that they wanted to know why I stopped coming in May, and that I told them it was because my Shrink tried to convert me. My anti-religion grandfather said "Well it was probably the best advice he knew to tell you."

At least I think that was a stab at Christianity... lol.

So I'm ******, and I'm ready to settle things the ************* American way, by suing idiots that **** me off and make ethical violations.

Last edited:

jasonwill2

I wrote down what happened two days afterwards, and posted it online, creating a time-stamp, as well he probably has notes of some things and I might find other patients... I don't know. He keeps the Bible in his drawer in his office there where you talk to him and I knew a lot about his beliefs as he was a fundie, creationist, believed certain things odd about angels and such, ect ect

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonwill2

In which way did he acted against the law?

By trying to convert me and breaking the ethics of his practice, not working for my wellbeing but the goals of his religion by trying to lead me away from Satanism.

He also ruined so many possibly good sessions with the same ******** of not understanding psychodrama, despite being a psychologist.

Me Myself

Back to my username
By trying to convert me and breaking the ethics of his practice, not working for my wellbeing but the goals of his religion by trying to lead me away from Satanism.

He also ruined so many possibly good sessions with the same ******** of not understanding psychodrama, despite being a psychologist.

Are you sure he did that? (on a way that the law can support?)

Isn`t it possible for him to argue that he did what he saw was best for your psychological recovery according to your specific case?

Couldn`t he argue that your approach to satanism is part of your problems and not something healthy for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonwill2

Are you sure he did that? (on a way that the law can support?)

Isn`t it possible for him to argue that he did what he saw was best for your psychological recovery according to your specific case?

Couldn`t he argue that your approach to satanism is part of your problems and not something healthy for you?

Mind you, you yourself said satanism isn`t for everyone, your psychologist could simply argue it wasn`t for you, and it was preventing you from recovery.

Not in a US court of law. My beliefs I shared with him, and I have many statements of faith I have made in the past, people can look at them and tell I am not a person abetting mental illness. My beliefs are non-issue unless the court wants a higher court to eventually over turn their decision when I make an appeal.

jasonwill2

You could certainly file a complaint against him but I doubt you will have much success in a law suite without any real evidence. Keeping a bible in his office in and of itself doesn't mean anything, neither do his personal beliefs. It would basically be your word against his.

You might want to check his disciplinary record and see if he has had complaints about this from other patients.

Thank you. :) I will do this tomorrow.

jasonwill2

I have a confession... I have no monies... I probably won't go far because of this because I will be limited to representing myself.

I hope to bluff my way into getting them to settle it out of courts.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Jason you don't need to do that :facepalm:.

If you think you really need to go to a Shrink then do you think thats the best thing you could do? If its go for your health then by all means keep going, but I thought part of going to a shrink is so that someone knows that kind of stuff.

If he's actually trying to draw you away from what you believe instead of trying to help you incorporate a perceived beneficial set of thoughts then just leave, you don't need to sue him and you don't need to raise all of that attention.

If you want to display your power, psychologically evaluate him. And by that I don't mean speak your mind, but articulate to him your expressions in a way that he would most likely understand or even say himself.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I had a shrink do something similar when I was in high school. She tried to blame my depression on my LHP beliefs amd say my pain was a mental result of my beliefs. It was actually my mom who got really angry and told off the shrink. I don't know what you can actually accomplish here Jason but I wish you luck with it. **** like this just makes me mad.

Orias

Left Hand Path
It reminds me of the Metallica song, Sanitarium(Welcome Home).

I was in a place like that once, its like trying to put a lid on an erupting volcano.

jasonwill2

It probably won't amount to anything... but if I can freak them out with the fear of the lawsuit andi t helps someone down the road... I have accomplished my goal.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Or you could just make clear what you see as beneficial to you and what isn't.

Establishing a rational line of thought can be far more efficient than using fear as a leverage. He's not holding a gun to your head :D

gnomon

He pulled a bible out on me about a year ago and tried to convert me (not overtly but very heavily implied), and all our sessions up being debates until I stopped going in May.

They called me wanting to know why I stopped going, and I called back to a clueless receptionist. She wanted to know if I wanted a call back as he was in a session. I said I was just out and say it that I stopped going because he pulled out a Bible on me and tried to convert me and that is why I left.

She started giggling and not getting that is exactly what I wanted her to say.

Cue I snapped.

I was direct and assertive "Tell him he's lucky I didn't sue him."

"Okay" she said somewhat meekly.

"I'm serious about that."

She was very urgent to hang up. "Oh.. um, okay, bye then."

This happened a few moments ago, I mentioned it to my grandfather that they wanted to know why I stopped coming in May, and that I told them it was because my Shrink tried to convert me. My anti-religion grandfather said "Well it was probably the best advice he knew to tell you."

At least I think that was a stab at Christianity... lol.

So I'm ******, and I'm ready to settle things the ************* American way, by suing idiots that **** me off and make ethical violations.

Were you forced to go to this psych by a government agency?

Did you leave of your own choice without the possibility of facing repercussions from the State?

Were you a minor and your parents forced you to go?