• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indian equivalent of Guangzhou and Hangzhou

ronki23

So we can compare:

Delhi and Beijing as they are both the political capitals

Mumbai and Shanghai as they are both the economic centres

Bangalore and Shenzen for their technology and services.

Would you compare Guangzhou (China's 3rd or 4th city) with Chennai or with Calcutta ? Because Calcutta was the historical capital of India (British India) . If I'm not mistaken Chennai has the 4th largest economy in India ? @Aupmanyav

Which Indian city would you compare Hangzhou with ? I know a number of people from Zhejiang province: at least 3 from Hangzhou. Hangzhou and Chennai ? Or Hangzhou and Calcutta ? @Audie

I have been to: Mumbai, Pune,Nashik
Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing

I know lots of Indian and Chinese people!

ronki23

Nice. What purpose the comparison? :)

I like Shanghai and Mumbai equally. Lots to see and do in Shanghai but I feel more at home in Mumbai. As I have said in the past, I find Mumbai to be cleaner than Shanghai; there was a sewage smell and pollution in Shanghai.

ronki23

Guangzhou has the 4th (5th) most number of billionaires in China after Beijing, Shanghai, (Hong Kong) and Shenzen. Really interesting: mix of modern and historical. GDP of Guangzhou is over $440 billion in 2021 so maybe $450 billion now.

Hangzhou has the 5th (6th) most number of billionaires in China but has a bigger nominal GDP than Guangzhou. They have the West Lake. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there though.

Kolkata is the 3rd richest city in India after Mumbai and Delhi. Rich colonial heritage as well as Hindu and Muslim art and architecture.

Chennai has a GDP of $200 billion and is the city with the second highest quality of life after Delhi. Lots of temples, churches and mosques. Beaches too.