• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intentions behind my RF Posts

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I decided to write this because I hate repeating myself on these these threads. It will be in my signature; so when the issue comes up, I will just point down.

1. My RF Purpose
2. Assumptions and Exceptions
4. Discriptions (My long posts)
5. And all that Jazz

1. My RF Purpose

images

My whole purpose of being on this site is to gain understanding of multiple religious thought. I dont care to prove anyone right or wrong because I there is no sense of right or wrong answers in regards to religion. We believe and practice because that is what we know is true in our hearts and in our actions.

Yes, I ask questions that may seem contrary to my beliefs; so, this is why I want to mention:

2. Assumptions

images

I love hypothetical questions. It let's people who want to participate think outside of the box (and out of mine) to challenge what we believe, why we believe, and how.

Understanding other peoples spiritual path is not a question-answer for mat. It's not:

Does god exist and prove it?

Its: What brought you to your belief in god? How did you come to this belief? Do you apply this to your life...if so, tell me about it and we can share our experiences together.

Assumptions: Just because I ask about your faith in this manner, does not mean I and others want to convert to your faith. It doesn't mean we are questioning who we are because we are asking you the same.

If you think this is not true above, ask first.

Learn the difference between facts and beliefs (all of you of all faiths and lack thereof).

I dont believe god exist. (Okay. Fine statement). I do believe in god. (Wait. That's a contradiction).

Assumption:
Dont assume somehow I (and many others) are confused about our faith.

Ask for clarification.

I know god is not an anamorphic being. I also know he isnt a supreme intelligence. I even more so know he is not complex. I also know he is not a he.

God is life.

3. My Long Posts

There are three reasons I write long posts.

a. Cause I type fast on this tiny keyboard and dont have time to back track
b. Its hard to put my points together (which are usually two or three only) without concentration and research. I have no time to make a research paper
c. Medically, its hard to articulate language to begin with.

My point: I rather you read my full post in sections with as much time as you need. Quote me when you are making assumption or asking for clarification (much rather prefered). Read my posts.

I read all posts. Exceptions are those with long articles and three post scriptures with no commentary and point.

4. All that Jazz

My purpose: To understand
Assumptions: Ask for clarification
Long post: Read above

Thanks guys.

Spirits Willing. :leafwind:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I decided to write this because I hate repeating myself on these these threads. It will be in my signature; so when the issue comes up, I will just point down.

1. My RF Purpose
2. Assumptions and Exceptions
4. Discriptions (My long posts)
5. And all that Jazz

1. My RF Purpose

images

My whole purpose of being on this site is to gain understanding of multiple religious thought. I dont care to prove anyone right or wrong because I there is no sense of right or wrong answers in regards to religion. We believe and practice because that is what we know is true in our hearts and in our actions.

Yes, I ask questions that may seem contrary to my beliefs; so, this is why I want to mention:

2. Assumptions

images

I love hypothetical questions. It let's people who want to participate think outside of the box (and out of mine) to challenge what we believe, why we believe, and how.

Understanding other peoples spiritual path is not a question-answer for mat. It's not:

Does god exist and prove it?

Its: What brought you to your belief in god? How did you come to this belief? Do you apply this to your life...if so, tell me about it and we can share our experiences together.

Assumptions: Just because I ask about your faith in this manner, does not mean I and others want to convert to your faith. It doesn't mean we are questioning who we are because we are asking you the same.

If you think this is not true above, ask first.

Learn the difference between facts and beliefs (all of you of all faiths and lack thereof).

I dont believe god exist. (Okay. Fine statement). I do believe in god. (Wait. That's a contradiction).

Assumption:
Dont assume somehow I (and many others) are confused about our faith.

Ask for clarification.

I know god is not an anamorphic being. I also know he isnt a supreme intelligence. I even more so know he is not complex. I also know he is not a he.

God is life.

3. My Long Posts

There are three reasons I write long posts.

a. Cause I type fast on this tiny keyboard and dont have time to back track
b. Its hard to put my points together (which are usually two or three only) without concentration and research. I have no time to make a research paper
c. Medically, its hard to articulate language to begin with.

My point: I rather you read my full post in sections with as much time as you need. Quote me when you are making assumption or asking for clarification (much rather prefered). Read my posts.

I read all posts. Exceptions are those with long articles and three post scriptures with no commentary and point.

4. All that Jazz

My purpose: To understand
Assumptions: Ask for clarification
Long post: Read above

Thanks guys.

Spirits Willing. :leafwind:
A link....great idea!

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I already told you....I love your words.
The intentions don't matter that much.
But...........the feelings are intensely important.
~
'mud

Thief

Rogue Theologian
if I know the facts....I am not assuming anything
if I truly understand.....I can make judgment calls
I attempt to do unto others as I would have so done unto myself
and I think too much as it is

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Oh. I will add sometimes I repeat my questions. Please be nice and point it out. I get that at work and school. Fustrates the mess out of me. Seizures, meds, and brain surgery is harsh on memory.

Another reason my posts are choped up. Im aware of that but Im not graded here to fix it.

Some of you, please be nice. No assumptions.