• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introvert Sanctuary

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Finally, I place to escape from people by...going to a forum full of people.

It's totally not the same! :D

As has been intimated; here you have control over communication and can limit dialogue to below energy sapping levels. Us high sensitives need to restrict the sensory input to managable levels, when this is possible.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
If you wonder just how much of an introvert you might be, or (!!!) that you are an extrovert; then here is an informal assessment. Simply choose true or false to each question; the more of the former the more introvert, the more of the latter the more extrovert.

1. I prefer one on one conversations to group activities.
  2. I often prefer to express myself in writing.
  3. I enjoy solitude.
  4. I seem to care less than my peers about wealth, fame and status.
  5. I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
  6. People tell me that I’m a good listener.
  7. I’m not a big risk-taker.
  8. I enjoy work that allows me to "dive in" with few interruptions.
  9. I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two people.
  10. People describe me as soft spoken or mellow.
  11. I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it is finished.
  12. I dislike conflict.
  13. I do my best work on my own.
  14. I tend to think before I speak.
  15. I feel drained after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself.
  16. I sometimes let calls go through to voicemail.
  17. If I had to choose, I’d prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
  18. I don’t enjoy multi-tasking.
  19. I can concentrate easily.
  20. In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.

(Taken from Quiet by Susan Cain.)

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
This reminds me of the Diogenes Club from Sherlock Holmes :D

"There are many men in London, you know, who, some from shyness, some from misanthropy, have no wish for the company of their fellows. Yet they are not averse to comfortable chairs and the latest periodicals. It is for the convenience of these that the Diogenes Club was started, and it now contains the most unsociable and unclubable men in town. No member is permitted to take the least notice of any other one. Save in the Stranger's Room, no talking is, under any circumstances, allowed, and three offences, if brought to the notice of the committee, render the talker liable to expulsion. My brother was one of the founders, and I have myself found it a very soothing atmosphere."
I would totally patron a club where I didnt have to socialize and could enjoy some amenities.

Perhaps a members only bar where there was a volume limit on people's conversation. EDIT: or not talking at all!:O

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
This reminds me of the Diogenes Club from Sherlock Holmes :D

I would totally patron a club where I didnt have to socialize and could enjoy some amenities.

Perhaps a members only bar where there was a volume limit on people's conversation. EDIT: or not talking at all!:O
lol, Barnes & Noble coffee house.
Library with a bar. :p

But for now, we still have Sidd's Cafe'

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
lol, Barnes & Noble coffee house.
Library with a bar. :p

But for now, we still have Sidd's Cafe'

Wait, they serve alcohol at the Barnes & Noble? Or are you just making the comparison between a bar and a coffee house?

Incidentally, an actual bar/library would be amazing. That kind of thing is why im a fan of those coffee shops that also serve beer and wine.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I spend a lot of time in a library, that has a great music selection and a fine selection of bottle conditioned ales and single malts. But there's only the one arm chair in there. :sorry1: