• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iranian cleric: 'Promiscuous' women rock!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From YnetNews ...
Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi blames 'women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray' for tremors; says Iranians must 'adapt lives to Islam's moral codes' in order to 'avoid being buried under the rubble'

Associated Press
After discussing the cleric's remarks as well as those by Ahmadinejad, the article ends by noting: "Minister of Welfare and Social Security Sadeq Mahsooli said prayers and pleas for forgiveness were the best 'formulas to repel earthquakes.'" So much for welfare and social security.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
I feel the Earth. Move. Under my feet.
I feel the sky tumbling..

Okay, enough of that.

If all the gays in America caused hurricane Katrina, then I guess it's possible that immodestly dressed women can cause earthquakes.

Really though, a headline which is basically "Conservative Islamic cleric spouts load of nonsense" is kind of like "Rain makes stuff wet!"

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I have read this in both Arabic and English. The cleric remarks have been dragged out of their context.

Certainly clerics believe that living sinful life won't bring God'd not pleasure, nor will it make one's prayers more acceptable by God. However, this does not mean that the clerics don’t believe on the natural causes of the earthquakes. This is why many clerics are calling for moving the Capital to a more stable zone within the Iranian Soil.

Baydwin

Why is the God of these people always completely nuts?

If women dress immodestly a sane God would punish them with ugliness, this one buries children under rubble.

Just_me_Mike

'women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray
It is so weird to think that covering a women from head to toe for generations and then lifting the veil up a bit, that men might act strange! It is like giving kindergartners a newly painted white empty room, locking them in there with 10 packs of magic markers, and saying "now we are leaving for an hour, do not write on the walls!"

Give me a break

dust1n

Zindīq
Patriarchy knows no bounds on clothing. There they repress women; make them cover up everything. Here we repress women; make them cover up nothing.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Dust1n I've found that that's one thing fundamentalists of all religions seem to have in common, no matter which religion it is. They repress women

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They have it all wrong, it's not promiscuous women who cause earth quakes. They are clearly caused by death metal drummers whenever they start playing the double bass too fast, which combined with Satanic devil worship, causes the earth to tremble in disgust.

301ouncer

Why is the God of these people always completely nuts?

Amazing how muslims never attribute such wordings to the deities of other nations as NUTS. I thought muslims were the intolerant of other people deities? Even the logic of athisim we do not attribute it with NUTS.

Why the need to use such insults? :facepalm:

Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Noun

Verb

• S: (v) nut (gather nuts)
Adjective

reloadthis

From YnetNews ...
Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi blames 'women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray' for tremors; says Iranians must 'adapt lives to Islam's moral codes' in order to 'avoid being buried under the rubble'

Associated Press
After discussing the cleric's remarks as well as those by Ahmadinejad, the article ends by noting: "Minister of Welfare and Social Security Sadeq Mahsooli said prayers and pleas for forgiveness were the best 'formulas to repel earthquakes.'" So much for welfare and social security.

Wow, there are so many variables there. What you choose to focus on is most telling. I take it you thinks that women who are pretty and dress pretty are snakes? Perhaps you are a man? Or perhaps you are manly? Most women are beautiful by nature. It seems to me the ugly ones are mean, but women are just pretty by nature. Your contempt tells me that you are afraid of them. Again, that leads me to believe that either you are a mean woman who has a chip, or a man who is gay and most likely hates himself for it.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
men fear women
women tempt men with their beauty
women cause men to sin
with out women there would be no sin.
women should be hidden from mens sight
women should obey men at all times
women belong to men their masters
only women are witches
witches are the spawn of the devil

so on and so on..........

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Wow, there are so many variables there. What you choose to focus on is most telling. I take it you thinks that women who are pretty and dress pretty are snakes? Perhaps you are a man? Or perhaps you are manly? Most women are beautiful by nature. It seems to me the ugly ones are mean, but women are just pretty by nature. Your contempt tells me that you are afraid of them. Again, that leads me to believe that either you are a mean woman who has a chip, ...
Are you seriously referring to me? :biglaugh:

..., or a man who is gay and most likely hates himself for it.
:rolleyes:

You really need to stop and think before stupidly running off at the mouth ...