• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Asalixincendiumism a Belief?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Tom: I post on this internet forum and there is this really cool guy on there who has really bad fashion sense that calls himself SalixIncendium.

Beth: I don't believe you.

Beth has never been on RF before and does not believe that someone that cool could have that bad of fashion sense, therefore, she believes that SalixIncendium does not exist.

Does the fact that Beth does not believe in SalixIncendium's existence equate to lack of belief in the existence of any SalixIncendiums? Why or why not?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Lol...since I know Latin...when I see your name I think of a willow on fire...
:D:p
the owl is the icing on the cake

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Really bad fashion sense? That's impossible. Your username comes straight outta botanical sciences and invokes the glorious willow tree!

Unless that wasn't intentional. Then I am disappointed. :(

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
No it only means that you are immaterial and live outside of space and time.

Thermos aquaticus

Tom: I post on this internet forum and there is this really cool guy on there who has really bad fashion sense that calls himself SalixIncendium.

Beth has never been on RF before and does not believe that someone that cool could have that bad of fashion sense, therefore, she believes that SalixIncendium does not exist.

Does the fact that Beth does not believe in SalixIncendium's existence equate to lack of belief in the existence of any SalixIncendiums? Why or why not?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ;)

Milton Platt

No, it does not. She simply does not believe the one you presented has been demonstrated to exist. All you have to do is provide the level of evidence she requires for belief and she will acknowledge the existence of yours. She still remains unconvinced of all others.
The quantity and quality of evidence needed will not be much, as the claim is inconsequential in nature and does not affect anyone.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Really bad fashion sense? That's impossible. Your username comes straight outta botanical sciences and invokes the glorious willow tree!

Unless that wasn't intentional. Then I am disappointed. :(

It was indeed intentional...

...at least every bit as intentional as my paisley argyle socks and my satin lime green bell-bottoms.​