• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is atheism incompatible with an organized movement?

Atheologian

John Frum
Atheism is the absence of belief in a deity. So, how would an atheist religion work? Is the disbelief in God enough to warrant an atheist "church"? Isn't this like saying, "I don't believe in ghosts, so I'll go investigate their non-existance? Or is this just a way to organize like minds and share ideas of a world without religion?

I think the organization of atheism would hardly be a bad thing. Agnostic atheism can be accepted by a wide range of non-believers and skeptics. The idea that God is, however improbable, possible, even while no evidence of a deity or intelligent creator has ever been found, should encompass most non-believers.

The focus of such an organization could be, obviously, the quest for knowledge and the mysteries of the physical and theoretical universe.

What else could we propose to study, discuss and evaluate as thinkers and promoters of humanity?

Last edited: