• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is cursing God a mortal sin?

stvdv

Veteran Member
13 jun 2018 stvdv 011 19
I cursed and sweared at God when I rejected Christianity. Am I going to Hell even if I reconvert to Christianity.

I was once very mad at God, and did quite some cursing and swearing.
That night I got 3 very nice dreams in which I was told "God is very happy if you get very angry"

It was the first time in decades I got very angry. So made kind of sense to me this.

1): Anyway, if I am a child of God, so He created me, then He is responsible for me getting mad at Him [including cursing/swearing]

2): And He said "I love you unconditional". That means "no questions asked" I would think.

3): And He should be able to handle this kind of stuff the best. If God would get upset about such little things. Bigger things to worry for Him I think

4): He teaches us "do not judge", so would be a good teacher to "teach by living example"

Last edited:

Jumi

So you're asking Christians only? If not, what you were cursing at was your idea of god that you believe in and your religion.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I cursed and sweared at God when I rejected Christianity. Am I going to Hell even if I reconvert to Christianity.

Mortal sins are sins considered to grave in nature by the Catholic Church. Whether or not they are recognized in your flavor of Christianity I do not know.

That said, apostacy in Catholicism is considered a grave matter and therefore a mortal sin.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I am asking Christians only

I would narrow it even further and ask clergy only. Go to some different churches in your area and get their take on it. Different denominations will have different responses, I imagine. Heck, you'll probably get different responses within denominations depending on the priest.

Patrick Miron

Patrick4Jesus

God can be accurately and briefly described as: ALL GOOD THINGS PERFECTED

There is but ONE "unforgivable sin" which is DENIAL of God; so the question you ask is answered that ALL sins can be forgiven GOD'S way;..each of US is called to "Repent and Convert"

"And saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel."
[Mark 1:15]

John 20:19-23 "
[19] Now when it was late that same day, the first of the week, and the doors were shut, where the disciples were gathered together, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them: Peace be to you. [20] And when he had said this, he shewed them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad, when they saw the Lord. [21] He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. [22] When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. [23] Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained."

May God guide to His Peace,
Patrick