• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Donald Trump racist?

Is Donald Trump racist?

• Yes. Donald Trump is racist.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No. Donald Trump is not racist.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
His pass behavior and current reactions should at least make most rational people stop and consider this question. So what do you think: Is Donald Trump racist?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Of course he is and has been. He and his father were involved in banning blacks from their apartments, and we also heard him denounce a Mexican-American judge and said he should recuse himself from a case Trump was involved in because he was "Mexican". And then there were statements he made about how Mexicans supposedly are when trying to drum up support for his wall.

On top of this, even those who know him well realize he is.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
No, I don't believe Donald is racist. I do see how the rich people, disgruntled with Trumps policies tried to frame him as racist. And a Mayor who rerouted protestors so they would clash for political gain. Once again framing Trump for doing what is the right thing to do, siding with the non-violent protestors.

So I got the gist of it in 2 minutes when Trump commented about Frazier the CEO's exhorbatant drug prices. I will side with Trump who sees the real deal, rather than the slanderers who want to rip everybody off with high priced drugs.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I don't think Trump is a Nazi or KKK sympathizer, but I think he has demonstrated the latent racism that runs through a lot of white America, and as a candidate and as President, he has shown that he will tolerate more overt racism within his base.

His position on the Central Park 5 and refusal to rent to black people are evidence of past racism. His current racism seems to pertain more to Mexicans and Muslims.

I think his lukewarm condemnation of the Nazi marches speaks more to his political calculation rather than personal feelings.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I don't think Trump is a Nazi or KKK sympathizer, but I think he has demonstrated the latent racism that runs through a lot of white America, and as a candidate and as President, he has shown that he will tolerate more overt racism within his base.

His position on the Central Park 5 and refusal to rent to black people are evidence of past racism. His current racism seems to pertain more to Mexicans and Muslims.

I think his lukewarm condemnation of the Nazi marches speaks more to his political calculation rather than personal feelings.

"I think his lukewarm condemnation of the Nazi marches speaks more to his political calculation rather than personal feelings."

If so, I think he should re-crunch those numbers again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course he is and has been. He and his father were involved in banning blacks from their apartments, and we also heard him denounce a Mexican-American judge and said he should recuse himself from a case Trump was involved in because he was "Mexican". And then there were statements he made about how Mexicans supposedly are when trying to drum up support for his wall.

On top of this, even those who know him well realize he is.
You don't make a strong case.
Note the vague language, "....were involved in banning blacks...".
You don't cite the actual adjudication of a specific case.
Having never been a broker/manager, you might not be aware that fair housing suits are common, even when directed at landlords dedicated to following the letter & the spirit of the law, eg, me. Bogus suits abound. And even legitimate suits could result from underlings who violate company policy. (Employes are are hard to manage to ensure compliance.)
Btw, "Mexican" is not a race.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
He isn't but there are a lot of people that need him to be, the lesser evolved will always need a Devil or scapegoat to point to so they can justify themselves.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Having never been a broker/manager, you might not be aware that fair housing suits are common, even when directed at landlords dedicated to following the letter & the spirit of the law, eg, me. Bogus suits abound. And even legitimate suits could result from underlings who violate company policy. (Employes are are hard to manage to ensure compliance.)
:rolleyes:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
His pass behavior and current reactions should at least make most rational people stop and consider this question. So what do you think: Is Donald Trump racist?
He has shown some racist tendencies, but that is just my personal bias talking so take that with a grain of salt. With that said, I am in no position to give a definitive statement of yay or nay.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Racism is a spectrum and by refusing to condemn the neo-Nazis marching and killing in Charlottesville, Trump has placed himself on that spectrum. Not to say that he wasn't already on it with his bigoted statements against Mexicans.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I voted yes because he seems to sympathize with racists and court them to get their support. I think if you sympathize and court racists, you are just as bad as them. Honestly, if you fail to stand up and ridicule racist groups out of fear of losing their support, you are a racist, as you don't see racism as being important enough to fight against.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
More plausible explanation. He wanted more members in his club.

I don't think anyone is accusing him of being a "rabid racist". But, if you court, sympathize and try to protect support from racist groups, I think that puts you on the spectrum of racism. Honestly, I think he doesn't care about racism. He is a Trump Supremacist. Anyone who isn't as successful as him and isn't in the military is a loser, unless they kiss his a$$.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
There is plenty of evidence backing up this story. But, it's not worth getting into it here. I would suggest looking at some of the personal testimonies. And, I don't think he did this because of racism, per se. He was under the false impression that black people would not pay as much. I think to him it was about money.