• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it sexist...?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
So sexists policy, in this case, would be useful to you then?

Last edited:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
The discriminate, based on sex, who is allowed to enter them.

Is it a discrimination given that the facilities are different? That minors use them? Is it not now more seen as a protection approach rather than saying you cant go in there because you have the wrong bits?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think its been pointed out? There would usually(usually) be no "fear" involved for a man being sexually hooted at by a woman..So its not "harrasment'.

I am a woman ..and i have to FEAR walking too late at night that I might get RAPED by a man.Not by a woman.This is a REAL fear.Im not talking about I'm a child.Im an adult woman..So a car full of guys hanging out the window of a car yelling HEY SEXY COME SIT ON MY FACE is frightening ..not just rude..Its not "funny' or "flattering" to me.And any INTELLIGENT man should know the difference..A car full of women yelling at a man "come sit on my face whoo hoo!" first of all is unusual..2nd of all he won't fly into panic mode and wonder if they are a bunch of drunk girls that are going to turn the car around and yank him in a rape him.

That is the difference..FEAR..

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Is it a discrimination given that the facilities are different? That minors use them? Is it not now more seen as a protection approach rather than saying you cant go in there because you have the wrong bits?

Not debating all of that....

To me the separation fits the bill.

sex·ism : n.
1. Discrimination based on gender.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviours that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

sexist adj. & n

Me Myself

Back to my username
Technically speaking, yes, bathrooms that separae sexes are sexists.

I think its been pointed out? There would usually(usually) be no "fear" involved for a man being sexually hooted at by a woman..So its not "harrasment'.

I am a woman ..and i have to FEAR walking too late at night that I might get RAPED by a man.Not by a woman.This is a REAL fear.Im not talking about I'm a child.Im an adult woman..So a car full of guys hanging out the window of a car yelling HEY SEXY COME SIT ON MY FACE is frightening ..not just rude..Its not "funny' or "flattering" to me.And any INTELLIGENT man should know the difference..A car full of women yelling at a man "come sit on my face whoo hoo!" first of all is unusual..2nd of all he won't fly into panic mode and wonder if they are a bunch of drunk girls that are going to turn the car around and yank him in a rape him.

That is the difference..FEAR..

So lets make the rules different for each sex as to what is acceptable? so we can get rid of discrimination?

Sure, that is going to make things equal.

Wait... :eek:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Not debating all of that....

To me the separation fits the bill.

sex·ism : n.
1. Discrimination based on gender.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviours that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

sexist adj. & n.

i am not sure it classes as discriminating specifically, but whatever.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
A woman calls a man she looks in the street "Hey sexy!" and asks him to wave at her.

Is she being sexist? Should the man feel offended?

no. Neither is the opposite imo

Also how is seperate bathrooms sexist? Which sex is being discriminated against?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Both.

Men are discriminated against in the women's bathroom and women are discriminated against in the men's bathroom.

Of course this is more of a formality, people rarely care too much about it but that is why it is curious the thing keeps on.

For example, some time ago I had no soap in the men's bathroom of a course I was taking. I went down the stairs instead of going to the womens bathroom just next door, and when found the bathroom downstairs locked I tried in the floor below that one. Finally I came back and I asked permission (shouted) to the girls inside if it was okay if I entered and used their soap, and there was no problem.

But the issue of dividing the bathrooms in the first place is treating people differently according to their gender. Mind you, I doubt this is harmful in this instance. Just like I dont find heterosexuality or homosexuality harmful.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Hmmm lets see...people exposing their genitals...including minors...to release the waste from their body. Also acts as a bit of a safety thing as well.

Many minors go into the women's room, be they male or female. The safety argument falls flat, to be honest.

EDIT: In other words, make your argument, if you have one.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Honestly, individual bathrooms make more sense anyways.

There is little to non functional purpose. Beyond all girls going to the bathroom together to talk about boys :D

And men doing the male bonding ritual of going to the urinals and looking at the wall so not to stare the guy at their right while he is peeing because it would be uncomfortable :D