• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus a man?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Is Jesus a man?

I don't think so although I believe he came down into our reality and took the superficial form of a man so as to interact with humans

Also, men cannot perform miracles so Jesus can't be a man (if he did indeed do miracles)

And I don't think he is human form right now

What is he then?

(Assuming he exists which I think he does)

I have no idea but most certainly not a man IMO

Perhaps some mysterious kind of higher being?

Personally I don't really think he is somehow actually God but think he might be....

UNLESS: his miracles are fictitious and he was just an ordinary man, which I think is entirely possible!

What do people think???

Is Jesus a man?
I believe Jesus is the man, because:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5
Also, men cannot perform miracles so Jesus can't be a man (if he did indeed do miracles)
Why do you think men cannot do miracles?

Miracle is a word for things that people don't commonly understand how they are done. I believe such things are possible.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Is Jesus a man?
Not anymore (unless you mean the baseball player).

What is he then?
It depends on one's perspective. For some, he is manifest as a deity, guide, and mentor.. For some, he is manifest as their savior. From my perspective, he is existence/consciousness/bliss.

Personally I don't really think he is somehow actually God but think he might be....
What qualifies one as God? Perhaps we're all God and we just forgot? ;)

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
If he did exist, he was most likely a Self-realized master...a jivanmukta. Those who have realized their true nature as Brahman remain as such.

Accounts say from around 4-6 BCE to 30-33 CE.
So he was a self-realised master who may have been God, according to some accounts?

Is it possible to be both????

When Jesus was born from Mary, Jesus became a man. the man is flesh. When God sent Jesus down from heaven he sent him to become a man in the flesh to die. John 19:5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. and Pilate saith unto them, the Man. God is not a man. Hosea 11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not Man; The Holy one. Numbers 23:19 God is not a Man that he should lie; neither the Son of man that he should repent.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is Jesus a man?

I figure,
  1. one is doubting man-hood of Jesus son of Mary,
  2. because he did not have any offspring, as per the corrupted Pauline-NT-Bible,
  3. which makes him an impotent person,
  4. to the contrary the Paulines would make the simple minded/innocent followers of Jesus to believe
  5. that he was god, son of god, god in flesh, an Omni-potent being,
  6. to the effect that not only his god-head is made doubtful
  7. but his man-hood is also made doubtful , right, please ?
  8. Hence Jesus' existence is denied altogether,
  9. so the Pauline sow the seed of Western Atheism in this way, right, please?
Right?

Regards

PureX

Veteran Member
Is Jesus a man?

I don't think so although I believe he came down into our reality and took the superficial form of a man so as to interact with humans

What is he then?
He is a character in a religious story. Characters in stories can do all kinds of surprising things. Especially in religious stories.

UNLESS: his miracles are fictitious and he was just an ordinary man, which I think is entirely possible!

What do people think???

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Is Jesus a man?

Jesus was a man, the man died.

I suppose that is about right. He and other spirit creatures had done that in the past. He was not from this world, he was Michael in heaven. He is the Logos (word, i.e. spokesperson, angel, i.e. messenger) of God. Most of the occurrences of angels throughout the so-called "Old Testament" was likely Michael in one form or another.

The prophets and disciples were also men who died and performed "miracles." Miracles aren't performed through the power of the man; they are performed with the holy spirit.

Correct. Flesh and blood don't exist in the spiritual heavens.

What is he then?

A spirit being.

Archangel i.e. chief of angels.

Prophetically he was referred to as a mighty god, not God almighty. Isaiah 9:6

Possible, but not likely.

What do people think???

People "think" lots of things.