• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus GOD?

truseeker

It is easier to understand if you realize that the word God is referring to the family of God and not any one member of that family. The members of the family include the Heavenly Father, and His son Jesus. Jesus existed before He was born as a human. So, yes Jesus is God in so much as He is part of the God family but He is not the same as the Father.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD? i failed to understand if Jesus indeed is GOD, then how could he die? Can God die? Suppose, if he died for whatever reason, someone else there has to bring him back to life (reserruction). Is he God then?

Please through some light on this.. :facepalm:

Actually NOT , Christians assume him to be god or begotten son of god---But the fact is there is not a single verse in entire Bible where Jesus(pbuh) himself said
a)I'm God
b) Worship

In fact he taught the opposite , He taught there is only One God , everyone should worship him

Mutaqalimun

Actually NOT , Christians assume him to be god or begotten son of god---But the fact is there is not a single verse in entire Bible where Jesus(pbuh) himself said
a)I'm God
b) Worship

In fact he taught the opposite , He taught there is only One God , everyone should worship him

First, I just wanna say, I think you are actually lost here dude..:p this is The SAME FAITH DEBATES(CHRISTIAN ONLY).. but ain't it typical moslem nature to be lost not knowing the truth? and again a moslem like you just prove my point ! :)

For answering the first just look to Rev 1: 8
I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, The Almighty

and Rev 22:12-16, Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Secondly, in the whole Bible God always use indirect sentence concerning His commandment in ordering His people to worship Him, like Fear Your God and Worship Your God,etc. Others are direct informative sentence like then my people will worship me,or you will worship me that day.
And logically it would be so funny if God came in human form with that manner, I myself wouldn't believe a bit if truly Jesus come like that..it was an Ego-Maniac person i might say&definitely not God.

This "Worship me theory" itself originated from none other than Quran the very most twisted book of all. Where it told about God was acting like Ego-Maniac by ordering Moses to worship Him.

Mutaqalimun

Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD? i failed to understand if Jesus indeed is GOD, then how could he die? Can God die? Suppose, if he died for whatever reason, someone else there has to bring him back to life (reserruction). Is he God then?

I think you just show yourself how lost and distorted Moslem are! :D

You started a thread on Same Faith Debates section, I don't know if you aware or maybe just unintentionally doing it ,but to help you think clearly you should realize that if you are already a Moslem then it would be a waste of time in discussing Jesus God or not with your fellow moslem cause the answer is a Big Absolute No-NO.
It would like my fellow Christian asking me if Mohammad True Prophet or not , or Is Satan God.

Hopefully helping one moslem could think clearly would may reduce suicide bombing rate and make the world more safer .. :)

Midnight Pete

Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD?

Yes, the divinity of Jesus is a central tenet of the Christian faith, as you may or may not know. But there are some sects that do not acknowledge Jesus as anything more than a man. Personally, I am confused by this.

i failed to understand if Jesus indeed is GOD, then how could he die? Can God die?

God can't die, but a human body can be destroyed. And in classical Catholicism, Jesus was both God and man. But God was in no way diminished by incarnating on Earth as a man. In the Gospels Jesusd talks about how he has a heavenly father and refers to himself as the son of the father. Even before Jesus was born of a woman on Earth he was the second of person of the eternal Godhead, the eternal Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Have I said too much? Probably. :eek:

Suppose, if he died for whatever reason, someone else there has to bring him back to life (reserruction). Is he God then?

Who else could he be if he rose from the dead, escaped a sealed tomb, returned not as a decaying reanimated corpse but in a "glorified body" better than before? With no bloody injuries on his body save for the neat little holes from where the nails pierced his hands and feet? The wound from the spear that pierced his side?(The disciple Thomas had to physically put his fingers inside the stigmata wounds before he would believe it really was Jesus.)

I am not a scholar or theologian, but I have done my best to answer your questions. And I hope this is not miscontrued as an attempt to prosyletize.

Last edited:
The Spirit of the Word of God is in Jesus, it was God in the beginning, in the form of God (Phil 2), He is Christ the Son of God, Spirit born of Spirit (john 3:6), brought forth before the world was (John1, Prov 8), whose goings forth have been from old from everlasting (Micah 5:2)....before it came and entered the world in the body that was prepared for him (the man Jesus) by The Father (Heb 10:5). Jesus is flesh, flesh born of flesh (John 3:6). When he died in the flesh, He was quickened by God's Spirit, was highly exalted and was made glorious and alive forevermore.

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Last edited:

dedicated

The whole jesus is go thing is dificult to explain but I can answer that yes he could die. Considering the catholic perspective of death being the tempory separation of soul and body, yes jesus can be both god and die. He was born into human form as body blood soul and divinity. When he died his life/soul was removed left his body for a time. Three days afterwards he regained his body in its devine form.Thus yes he did die but no he did not need anyone else to "bring him back to life." Because he himself was divine he had the same power he had after his human death as he did before.

A quicker reply also could have been yes he could die because nothing is impossible for god.

Nothing is impossible for Jehovah, but Jesus clearly said that he is not god, but he is only the Son of God, and that Jehovah sent him on Earth to teach about our Heavenly Father.

Jesus said that the Father was greater than him, and that true knowledge consists of knowing Him, the one True God, and Jesus Christ, whom He sent. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CyraEm

Jesus was God born man. He took the form of a human. The flesh died, but the spirit didn't. And God has facets. He is one diety, that has three facets to him, sort of like how people have different facets of their personality. Father (God), Son (Jesus) and Holy Ghost/Spirit (said by some to be the embodiment of the love flowing between Father and Son and between God and his creations. When you get an urge to do something you wouldn't normally do, or have an epiphany, it is said to be God directing you with the Holy Spirit/Ghost).

‘For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one.’( 1John 5:7) The CREATOR deals with humanity through HIS Word and HIS Spirit. Jesus was the Messiah, the honoured servent who delivered the Word of GOD.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
‘For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one.’( 1John 5:7) The CREATOR deals with humanity through HIS Word and HIS Spirit. Jesus was the Messiah, the honoured servent who delivered the Word of GOD.

you may not realise that the verse you just quoted has been removed from most bibles because it was a later addition, likely by a trinitarian scholar, as a means of trying to prove the trinity.

in the Roman Catholic 'Jerusalem Bible' they explain it in a footnote on the verse. They say that the words are “not in any of the early Greek MSS [manuscripts], or any of the early translations, or in the best MSS of the Vulg[ate] itself are probably a gloss that has crept into the text.”

the words are first seen in manuscripts of the 14th 15th and 16th centuries. Perhaps you need an updated bible.

The real verse reads:
“For there are three witness bearers, the spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are in agreement.”

chinu

chinu
Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD?
Yes! "He" is.
i failed to understand if Jesus indeed is GOD, then how could he die? Can God die?
Yes! jesus (god) has changed "His" clothes (body), But Jesus (God) can never die.
Suppose, if he died for whatever reason, someone else there has to bring him back to life (reserruction). Is he God then?
Reserruction, is for those who die Not Jesus or God.
Light is there but you have kept your hand on your eyes.

Sorry! for anything wrong,
"Namaste" _/\_ by Chinu.

you may not realise that the verse you just quoted has been removed from most bibles because it was a later addition, likely by a trinitarian scholar, as a means of trying to prove the trinity.

in the Roman Catholic 'Jerusalem Bible' they explain it in a footnote on the verse. They say that the words are “not in any of the early Greek MSS [manuscripts], or any of the early translations, or in the best MSS of the Vulg[ate] itself are probably a gloss that has crept into the text.”

the words are first seen in manuscripts of the 14th 15th and 16th centuries. Perhaps you need an updated bible.

The real verse reads:
“For there are three witness bearers, the spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are in agreement.”

Thank you for updating me. Many things have been changed in the bible over the years I have always wondered what the bible originally read like. I agree with you that Catholics would try to take the verse out because it removes Jesus from their godhead. They replaced the Word of GOD with Jesus.

What bible or book are you referring to for the "real verse".

outhouse

Atheistically

jesus might have been a mortal man if the whole story isnt made up. most scholars agree there was a person the book is based on.

he was a traveling helllenistic jewish teacher who taught in the area and caused a stink in the city ticking off the pharisees who in turn ticked off pilot who swiftly crucified him.

beyond that there is nothing known about him with certainty.

the jesus son of god was not introduced into the church dogma until 325ad when a roman emporer constantine wanted some new religious books for his newly built churches and called all the bishops together and discussed jesus divinity.

It started out with constantine looking up into the sun and seeing a vision of jesus before a battle and that he would be victorious. That is how constantine a brutal roman emporer helped to start some of the first NT books every put together by his order of 50 from eusebius.

at 150ad marion had put together his bible but it only contained luke and pauls letters and it was not looked on favorably by the very few people that had ever seen or read more material. "shame on marions erasor" they used to say and one collector of religious text called him the son of the devil for his poor attempt. marion was the first recorded person who put the first writings together.

the first bibles were not put together by holy spirits BUT by brutal mortal men

anyway jesus was a mortal man who may have wanted to become a martyr for his movement.

he was no more gods son then me or you

the OT was written by jews
the NT was written by jews
jesus was a jew

and the jews always stand behind the fact he was not the messiah

Last edited:
Hi! You raised a very interesting question. I can quote one Bible passage that proves (from Jesus' words) that he is not Almighty God. "do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?" (John 10:36)
The other Scripture is Philippians 2:5, 6 (written by apostle Paul):Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, 6*who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God."

Jesus is not the son of GOD. If GOD had a child, the child would look like another universe, not a man.

Jesus is an honored servent for GOD. What Jesus did was to fulfill the first part of GODs WORD by faithfully delivering the second part of GODs WORD to humanity. The third and final part of GODs WORD was faithfully delivered by Muhammad.