• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the US Administration Still a Creditable Source of Truth?

Is the US Administration a creditable source of truth?

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is the US Administration still a creditable source of truth? Why or why not?

Booko

Deviled Hen
If they stated the sky was blue, I would still check the Weather Channel for verification.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
They've shown a consistent willingness to place party politics and perpetuation of their own power and personal gain ahead of their duty as public servants and fill essential government positions with lackeys. So, no, the Administration and its appointees are not credible sources of information. Not that any Administration is, mind you, but this current one is the imum coeli.

Booko

Deviled Hen
doppelgänger;941193 said:
They've shown a consistent willingness to place party politics and perpetuation of their own power and personal gain ahead of their duty as public servants and fill essential government positions with lackeys. So, no, the Administration and its appointees are not credible sources of information. Not that any Administration is, mind you, but this current one is the imum coeli.

At first I misread that as e. coli.

On the other hand, it may be a very appropriate pun.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
At first I misread that as e. coli.

On the other hand, it may be a very appropriate pun.
Indeed, oh perceptive mother hen.

Frankly, whenever I hear a politician speak my intergalactic translator automatically transforms their words into real English. For the most part the read-out is blank, but occaisionally I can resolve the odd bit here and there that is actually the opposite of what their words would indicate.

doppelgänger;941214 said:
I originally had "nadir."
Hehe, I almost "ralphed" on that one too. :cool:

Booko

Deviled Hen
doppelgänger;941214 said:
Pun intended, actually. :cool: I originally had "nadir."

There are quite a number of nadirs running for election next year. I wonder if Ralph will join in later?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Frankly, whenever I hear a politician speak my intergalactic translator automatically transforms their words into real English. For the most part the read-out is blank, but occaisionally I can resolve the odd bit here and there that is actually the opposite of what their words would indicate.

Yes, political speech is much doublespeak. How doubleplusungood.

Next week Eibhlin embarks on her studies on logic. I plan on using "current events" as fodder to practice on, with a particular focus on political events. That should make it quite easy on her, eh?

Hehe, I almost "ralphed" on that one too. :cool:

Alas, I succumbed to temptation. Call it reflex action.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Is the US Administration still a creditable source of truth? Why or why not?

I don't think any government has ever been a credible source of truth. They all lie cheat and steal. It doesn't matter what party is in power of even what form of government one has, they ALL lie cheat and steal.

Smoke

Done here.
They all lie cheat and steal. It doesn't matter what party is in power of even what form of government one has, they ALL lie cheat and steal.
Nevertheless, some lie, cheat and steal a great deal more than others. The Bush administration makes the Harding administration look like a Sunday School picnic.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Nevertheless, some lie, cheat and steal a great deal more than others. The Bush administration makes the Harding administration look like a Sunday School picnic.

I wasn't defending anyone...

EDIT: but I think you are kidding yourself if you think Bush's admin has done more of it than Clintons. That was my point, they all do it and they all suck for it.

Smoke

Done here.
I think you are kidding yourself if you think Bush's admin has done more of it than Clintons.
You can't be serious. The only good thing I can say for the Clintons is that they're not Republicans, but no administration -- and I mean absolutely none -- has achieved the level of dishonesty and corruption (not to mention sheer insanity) this present one has. Not Nixon's, not Harding's, not Clinton's. None of them.

However, I think it makes conservative Christians feel better to think the Bush administration isn't more than usually corrupt. That way they don't have to face up to their own lack of moral compass in their blind support for it.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
You can't be serious. The only good thing I can say for the Clintons is that they're not Republicans, but no administration -- and I mean absolutely none -- has achieved the level of dishonesty and corruption (not to mention sheer insanity) this present one has. Not Nixon's, not Harding's, not Clinton's. None of them.

However, I think it makes conservative Christians feel better to think the Bush administration isn't more than usually corrupt. That way they don't have to face up to their own lack of moral compass in their blind support for it.

oh I am quite serious and I do not support Bush at all, I hate his ideology and most everything he has done during his presidency. My moral compass is working just fine thanks. :cool: