• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There A Right Side In Politics?

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
And is there a wrong side?

To vote for?
There are always right and wrong ideas (not sides) to support with one's vote, but discerning which idea is right and which idea is wrong requires a clear and agreed upon moral standard against which to measure the ideas. A significant contributor (perhaps the greatest contributor?) to political discord and decay is the absence of that clear and agreed upon moral standard; so people vote "sides" instead.

Last edited:

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
All depends on whom you ask.

The right side is Libertarian.
The wrong side(s) is(are) everyone else.
I guarantee that no one will agree.
*libertarian
Not "Libertarian".
Capital L indicates the official American Libertarian Party. Lowercase l indicates philosophical libertarians, as in me, as an anarchist.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Any advocation for any government i.e. statism is wrong.
Anarchism is right.
Now you know :)
Oh, and voting is an act of aggression, so it's always wrong.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
*libertarian
Not "Libertarian".
Capital L indicates the official American Libertarian Party. Lowercase l indicates philosophical libertarians, as in me, as an anarchist.
Would that make me a libertarian Libertarian?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
An act of aggression against who?
Here's a thread I made a while back on the topic. I haven't reread it so idk for sure if it'll answer your question, but if not I'll clarify anything if I can! I just dont have my thinking cap on right now hence me giving the thread instead

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Here's a thread I made a while back on the topic. I haven't reread it so idk for sure if it'll answer your question, but if not I'll clarify anything if I can! I just dont have my thinking cap on right now hence me giving the thread instead
Cool I will read it when I get back from the pub :D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And is there a wrong side?

To vote for?

Often yes.

There are definitely sides that are aligned or not with certain values.

For instance, right now, someone who's in favour of environmental protection or opposed to people's homes being flooded would be wrong to support the Ontario PC Party unless there were extenuating circumstances.