• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there anything all humans agree on

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes.
That we all will die someday and it's stupid to stockpile wealth that you will have to abandon someday.
Or that you want to have a legacy, since you will have to leave them, when you die. (I don't understand atheists who want to have a legacy, but I respect them).
:)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes.
That we all will die someday and it's stupid to stockpile wealth that you will have to abandon someday.
Or that you want to have a legacy, since you will have to leave them, when you die. (I don't understand atheists who want to have a legacy, but I respect them).
Why would it be different from theists who want a legacy?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Well....

Eating and drinking are needful for life.

Only a man and a woman can make a baby.

Etc.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Stop posting and get to your guests. We can do this later.
It's two ADT guys and a yard guy. So not exactly guests but they need some supervision. Let's just say I am distracted by all these people on my property. OH, and I was on hold with the SS office for 40 MINUTES instead of the five minutes they promised, trying to make an appointment and I still didn't get an appointment with them.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's two ADT guys and a yard guy. So not exactly guests but they need some supervision. Let's just say I am distracted by all these people on my property. OH, and I was on hold with the SS office for 40 MINUTES instead of the five minutes they promised, trying to make an appointment and I still didn't get an appointment with them.
"It's two ADT guys and a yard guy. So not exactly guests but they need some supervision"

Have them supervise each other...problem solved :p

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
"It's two ADT guys and a yard guy. So not exactly guests but they need some supervision"

Have them supervise each other...problem solved :p
I can't because they need some supervision - like where to install things - and the yard guy doesn't know where to install things.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Yes.
Your comment about wealth is fascinating to me. Perhaps it deserves its own thread. I accumulate wealth because it makes my life easier and more enjoyable. There will likely be some wealth leftover when I die. I don’t see that as “abandoning” the wealth. Rather, it will provide significant benefits to the family I leave behind and those who come after. For example, my leftover wealth might be in the form of a trust that provides educational opportunities for my grandchildren and perhaps my great grand children. Not sure how any of this is “stupid.”