• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is UU panenthesitic

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Not inherently. In keeping with the 4th Priniciple (We affirm and promote a free and responsible search for truth and meaning), UUs are encouraged to develop their own theologies.

So, A UU can be panentheistic, as I am, but UU itself is not.

MSizer

MSizer
I met a group of UUers last week and most of them were agnostics and some overt atheists. I knew that UUers considered theism a option rather than a requirement in their congregations, but I was surprised at how "godless" that group was. I don't know whether they're unusually atheistic or whether they represent the UU congreations as a whole.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You're welcome.

I met a group of UUers last week and most of them were agnostics and some overt atheists. I knew that UUers considered theism a option rather than a requirement in their congregations, but I was surprised at how "godless" that group was. I don't know whether they're unusually atheistic or whether they represent the UU congreations as a whole.
It varies between congregations, but even mine (whihc is uncomfortably religious to many visitors) includes quite a few outspoken atheists.

bicker

Unitarian Universalist
Our congregation is half-and-half I think. I do believe a lot of newer UUs are theistic. My wife and I are Pantheists (not panentheists).