• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is your body an object?

Is your body an object?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am my body

• No, my body is part of me

• No, but it belongs to me

• No, I am part of my body and I am a person.

• I dont know. Maybe

• Total voters

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Define "service provider."

Allow me to exemplify:
Bus driver, garbage collector, cook, delivery boy, and telemarketing operator.

EDIT: I just noticed the term 'service provider' is probably used solely for companies, and not for people in themselves. What would be the accurate word in this case? ( Literal translations lead to such odd results sometimes. )

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Typically, a human being possessing self-awareness.
When the "self" of which one is aware is extrapolated for others, granting them similar self, and when that self is what is being respected, then that's what it means to respect a person.

For myself, the person is "the ghost in the machine."

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When the "self" of which one is aware is extrapolated for others, granting them similar self, and when that self is what is being respected, then that's what it means to respect a person.

Both literally and metaphorically in my delusional view. :beach:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Allow me to exemplify:
Bus driver, garbage collector, cook, delivery boy, and telemarketing operator.

EDIT: I just noticed the term 'service provider' is probably used solely for companies, and not for people in themselves. What would be the accurate word in this case? ( Literal translations lead to such odd results sometimes. )

Indeed.

But by the kinds of people you're talking about, I'd say yes, that's the case, that objectification of such people, especially women, is rampant.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

What is the 'self' if not the consciousness and the sum of thoughts and feelings perceived by it?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Did you notice, also, that all the poll options say the same thing? (Or is it just me?)

Even "flying potato commits suicide"--very poetic.
I looked at the options available and decided I could not vote, but yes, there is the illusion of much variety, but that isn't really the case

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Actually, your body is a compound machine, which can be classified as an object, but logically it is multiple objects put together.