• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is your religion perfect?

CarlinKnew

Is your religious doctrine perfect in your eyes, or are there any teachings you would personally change, or exclude, if you could?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Theology: It's perfect for me.

UU: Better than any other organized religion, imo, but we don't really have doctrine.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Sorry for going off-topic, but Rev. Lore is recovering from surgery. I'm sure she's appreciate your prayers or well-wishes. :)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Is your religious doctrine perfect in your eyes, or are there any teachings you would personally change, or exclude, if you could?

I don't really have a "doctrine", so not really. ^_^

But my religion is hardly perfect.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
My religion is not perfect inasmuch as it is administered by fallible human beings. There are no actual doctrines I would change because I believe the doctrines of my Church are eternal truths established by God himself. On the other hand, there are a whole bunch of policies and practices I'd change if I could.

J Bryson

My religion is not perfect inasmuch as it is administered by fallible human beings.

I'm going to agree with the thoughts and insights of my two fellow UUs upthread, and also with this specific statement from my Mormon friend.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

My religion has no doctrine and I don't believe in the concept of perfection so I guess that's two strikes for me:D. My religion is my own and as such if there is something that needs changing I change it. That doesn't mean I go around changing things willy nilly, it simply means that I allow my faith to evolve and grow along with me, changing it to meet my needs while I travel my personal, spiritual path. As it is it works for me. If it ends up not working for me then it will evolve until it does. Though in truth the evolution never stops.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am continually learning my faith. The doctrine itself may not be perfect, but I believe that God is.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend CarlinKnew,

Is your religion perfect?

Yes, the religion that I follow is my own and it is perfect with all its IMPERFECTIONS.
Love & rgds

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Mine is not a religion, it is merely a belief in souls. It is perfect for me for I do not believe in a God, but I do belief in an afterlife.

EverChanging

I don't believe my religion or any other is perfect in any way at all. I think that to claim that one's religion is perfect in any way -- even doctrinally -- is supremely arrogant.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Religion is not perfect. That goes for any religion.

Christianity is a lifestyle though. And it works for me. Its how you live your life everyday. Not just attending church on Sunday because your afraid of being struck by lightning. And definately not pretending your "perfect" because no one is perfect. Heck I don't even attend a physical church. I got all the church I need in my heart when I study God's word in my house either alone or with friends.

ayani

there are a lot of things i'd like to see changed and done differently within the Christian faith.

so far as Jesus goes, i've no problems with Him whatsoever. i love Him, because He first loved me. and i serve Him thankfully, because of what He did to set me free.

and so far as my gripes with the body of Christ, as Gandhi Ji says "be the change you wish to see in the world".

so yes. it is well, it is well with my soul.