• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I smehow have an idea about how Judaism sees Christianity, but i would like to know how Jews and Judaism in general sees Islam?

Thanks in advance. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What about the prophecy of the sons of Ishmael and that they will spread in the world or something? I remember that i read that somewhere in the OT.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
What about the prophecy of the sons of Ishmael and that they will spread in the world or something? I remember that i read that somewhere in the OT.

yes HaShem promises that Yishmael will have 12 sons who will be princes and that his offspring "will not be counted for abunance" (Artscroll Tanach) meaning that there will be alot of them.

but it also says he will be a פרא אדם, the wild *** of a man whose hand will be in everything and everyone's against him. It's understood by some that this means he was a robber or bandit or something of that nature.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
yes HaShem promises that Yishmael will have 12 sons who will be princes and that his offspring "will not be counted for abunance" (Artscroll Tanach) meaning that there will be alot of them.

but it also says he will be a פרא אדם, the wild *** of a man whose hand will be in everything and everyone's against him. It's understood by some that this means he was a robber or bandit or something of that nature.

Can you please direct me to the verses?

Thanks. :)

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
I have read in many places that Muslims are looked at as B'nai Noach because within their religion they do follow and keep the seven laws of Noach. And I have been told by some Muslims, having heard what B'nai Noach follow, that they can be considered as Muslims save for the adherence of the five pillars of faith found in Islam.

Nimrauko

Defender Of Judaism
I smehow have an idea about how Judaism sees Christianity, but i would like to know how Jews and Judaism in general sees Islam?

Thanks in advance. :)

Personally I am fond of Islam. In my eyes, Islam is closer to Judaism than Christianity is. Islam and Judaism are classified as Strict monotheism, while Christianity is classified as Trinitarian Monotheism. Islam and Judaism trace their roots back to Avraham through Yitzchak (Judaism) and Yishma'el (Islam). Also there is Kashrut in Judaism and Halal in Islam (Dietary laws). In Judaism there is Halakha and in Islam Sharia. There are some differences between Halakha and Sharia, but they are more similar than different. Islam and Judaism are sister faiths. So I have a special love for Islam, and dont buy into the Fear Mongering that the media tries to get going about Islam. Now keep in mind this is my view, and I am sure that my brethren will disagree with me, it seems I can say the sun is shining and be wrong and "An abhorent misrepresentation" of whatever. :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Personally I am fond of Islam. In my eyes, Islam is closer to Judaism than Christianity is. Islam and Judaism are classified as Strict monotheism, while Christianity is classified as Trinitarian Monotheism. Islam and Judaism trace their roots back to Avraham through Yitzchak (Judaism) and Yishma'el (Islam). Also there is Kashrut in Judaism and Halal in Islam (Dietary laws). In Judaism there is Halakha and in Islam Sharia. There are some differences between Halakha and Sharia, but they are more similar than different. Islam and Judaism are sister faiths. So I have a special love for Islam, and dont buy into the Fear Mongering that the media tries to get going about Islam. Now keep in mind this is my view, and I am sure that my brethren will disagree with me, it seems I can say the sun is shining and be wrong and "An abhorent misrepresentation" of whatever. :)

on the contrary i agree that Islam is much closer to Judaism than christianity

my problem isn't with Islam, it's with people who say it's a religion of peace and yet hand out candy on the street when children are murdered simply because those children were jews.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
on the contrary i agree that Islam is much closer to Judaism than christianity

my problem isn't with Islam, it's with people who say it's a religion of peace and yet hand out candy on the street when children are murdered simply because those children were jews.

True, I deal with the individuals, not the religion. There is a "what have you done for me lately" factor when dealing with the whole.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's why we should call upon each other to follow our faith instead of falling a prey for apologists and those who wants to ruin our faith's image.

Please don't judge Islam or any other religion through it's followers but through the basic teachings of that particular faith.

Peace be upon you all. :)

Jeremy Mason

That's why we should call upon each other to follow our faith instead of falling a prey for apologists and those who wants to ruin our faith's image.

Please don't judge Islam or any other religion through it's followers but through the basic teachings of that particular faith.

Peace be upon you all. :)

Thank for the peace offer. I've got some questions in the "Does the Koran Teach Kill the Infidels" debate. Maybe you can help. In (p. 7 post # 65) Maro gave a website regarding Rights of non-Muslims. I am finding it informative. Then please, review my post (p.10 post 100). Thanks again.

Delamere

What I would like to know is, where in the Hebrew scriptures does it say that Adam or Abraham or Ishmael went to Mecca to build the Ka'aba and where does it say that King David went to Mecca on hajj? Do the Hebrew scriptures say that anyone ever went to a place called Mecca?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What I would like to know is, where in the Hebrew scriptures does it say that Adam or Abraham or Ishmael went to Mecca to build the Ka'aba and where does it say that King David went to Mecca on hajj? Do the Hebrew scriptures say that anyone ever went to a place called Mecca?
Jew's were asked to explain their view of Islam. So:
  • why are you participating in this forum, and
  • what is the relevance of your [rather inane] post?