• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't HIV caused by gays!

IwinYouLose

hello, :)

i heard from a close friend of mine that gays were the first cause of HIV cases. the first discovery of such deadly virus was found in a white gay male in western europe. what also i am not sure about if there were any other mystries deaths among gays before the discovery of HIV.

go easy on me as i am new to these forums.:)

.lava

Veteran Member
hi :) it is your first post, so welcome.
i am unsure if there was a direct relation between that virus and homosexuality. virus and sexuality, yes, sure

McBell

Admiral Obvious

i heard from a close friend of mine that gays were the first cause of HIV cases. the first discovery of such deadly virus was found in a white gay male in western europe. what also i am not sure about if there were any other mystries deaths among gays before the discovery of HIV.

The most commonly accepted theory is that of the 'hunter'. In this scenario, SIVcpz was transferred to humans as a result of chimps being killed and eaten or their blood getting into cuts or wounds on the hunter. Normally the hunter's body would have fought off SIV, but on a few occasions it adapted itself within its new human host and become HIV-1. The fact that there were several different early strains of HIV, each with a slightly different genetic make-up (the most common of which was HIV-1 group M), would support this theory: every time it passed from a chimpanzee to a man, it would have developed in a slightly different way within his body, and thus produced a slightly different strain.
http://www.avert.org/origin-aids-hiv.htm

The earliest known case of infection with HIV-1 in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (How he became infected is not known.) Genetic analysis of this blood sample suggested that HIV-1 may have stemmed from a single virus in the late 1940s or early 1950s.
We know that the virus has existed in the United States since at least the mid- to late 1970s. From 1979–1981 rare types of pneumonia, cancer, and other illnesses were being reported by doctors in Los Angeles and New York among a number of male patients who had sex with other men. These were conditions not usually found in people with healthy immune systems.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/definitions.htm

IwinYouLose

hi :) it is your first post, so welcome.
i am unsure if there was a direct relation between that virus and homosexuality. virus and sexuality, yes, sure

thanks, i just did a quick search that gave me a good answer before registering and posting. since i am unable to post links i typed: The Origin of HIV and the Start of AIDS from about.com

June 5, 1981 is the day most commonly recognized as the beginning of the AIDS pandemic.

On this date, the reported five cases of a "rare form of pneumonia" in gay Los Angleles, California residents weakened the immune system and could develop into it's most advanced state- AIDS or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. The new illness, named Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HID, weakened the immune system and could develop into it's most advanced state- AIDS or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

Twenty-five years later, an international scientific team traced the to wild chimpanzees in a remote area of Cameroon, Africa. There is still no cure for HIV or AIDS.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
HIV first appeared among non-human primates and is believed to have first infected humans perhaps a hundred years ago or more.

David Carr was a white British man who died in 1959 with many of the symptoms of AIDS. I don't know whether he was gay or not. It was reported many years later that tissue samples taken from Carr had tested positive for HIV. The claim was later retracted because the tissue samples had been contaminated in the laboratory.

Okay. For now. ;)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
O.K., I'll go easy on you until you turn out to be what I suspect you are.

ETA: Or should I say who I suspect you are.

Last edited:

ZooGirl02

From what I understand, people in Africa were the first to get HIV and they got it from a bite from a wild monkey or something. I may have my story wrong but that is what I have heard. About HIV being caused by gays, I don't believe that. I have heard that the HIV infection rate is higher amongst gay men than it is amongst other populations but that is because unprotected anal sex is an easier way to transmit it.

Kerr

Not to my knowledge, only know that there is a myth about it being a "gay problem".

Kerr

From what I understand, people in Africa were the first to get HIV and they got it from a bite from a wild monkey or something. I may have my story wrong but that is what I have heard. About HIV being caused by gays, I don't believe that. I have heard that the HIV infection rate is higher amongst gay men than it is amongst other populations but that is because unprotected anal sex is an easier way to transmit it.
Which is what I have heard as well. And that wouldn´t be a gay thing either, women who has anal sex would also be a risk group. And I can imagine lesbians are a low-risk group... maybe. Guessing right now, lol.

Kerr

Then I will give you a little advice you may benefit from. Posts like this sound like they have an agenda to prove how immoral homosexuality is. Which people doesn´t appriciate since they know it is wrong. So while I am not stating you shouldn´t ask questions, of course you should, I would advice you to try and find a way to put it that doesn´t single out an group, such as gays, in such a negative manner.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yes, indeed, HIV is caused by homosexuals! Specifically, the virus is produced when homosexual cooties are irritated by strange and unnatural practices during gay sex. That's a scientific fact, so heads up! :yes:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Isn't HIV caused by gays!
Yes.
That is why there are so many babies born with it.

Which is why gay marriage has to be banned.
I mean what the hell is next?
You let them thar gays marry and the next thing you know they will want to reproduce.
Then what will happen?

I tell you what will happen...
Every one will end up with HIV, that's what will happen!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm pretty certain that AIDS is caused by a virus. No idea if it is a gay virus. I didn't even know that virus had sexual orientations, to be honest.

Duck

No. HIV is a viral disease. Could you have picked a more bigotted and offensive way to introduce yourself to a new group of people? Or did you think "religious forums, hmmm, I bet they are all fundamentalist homophobic bigots just like me! Lets bash some gays!"?

RomCat

I believe that when one is engaged in evil and
unnatural acts there will be always be evil con-
sequences because of those acts.

Kerr

And even if we assume homosexuality would qualify as such an act, which it doesn´t, then HIV cannot be described as a consequence of such an act.

Duck

Ah, so not only are gays that want to make healthcare decisions for each other a more grave threat to humanity than environmental destruction, but evil as well? Nice to know where one stands. Hopefully, soon, international law enforcement will raid the Pope's offices to deal with the head of the international pedophilia ring located in Rome.