• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isolation or Community?

tomspug

Absorbant
Which environment do you find to be more valuable to your faith: isolation or community? In regards to your answer, do you feel like you put the proper amount of effort into putting yourself into that environment?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Community is basic to Xy. But consolation/desolation is not an either/or proposition. It's a both/and proposition. We should be involved with the community in order to notice God within relationship. We should spend time alone, in order to notice God within ourselves.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Which environment do you find to be more valuable to your faith: isolation or community? In regards to your answer, do you feel like you put the proper amount of effort into putting yourself into that environment?

Im never less alone than when im alone with my god.

Community is good, since everyone wants to feel validated, appreciated and affirmed. I find these things in god, so community is less valuable to me than isolation with god. Everyone can be part of a certain community, but often that community can reject those in it. We can be isolated with god while in a big crowd. So i think isolation while operating in a community is unavoidable for a child of god.

Heneni

sojourner

If one is able to see past the sins of rejection, one will notice God within relationships. We are to seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbor as ourself. Community seems basic to those two commandments, upon which Christ says all the Law and the prophets depend.

yearningknight

Yearningknight
there is no harm in seeking solace in solitude for in solitude there is no one to tell you what you can and can't do no one to laugh and pick at your emotions until you can't take it anymore.

sojourner

there is no harm in seeking solace in solitude for in solitude there is no one to tell you what you can and can't do no one to laugh and pick at your emotions until you can't take it anymore.
In soitude there is no one to love, and no one to reflect God.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am a loner, but I do like to be around people sometimes. I think both can be beneficial at the right time.