• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Issues with wanting to breastfeed

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I posted about this in the survivors circle private forum a while back but i figured I'd post here as well...in case anyone is dealing with it. To also help me get more comfortable talking about it and maybe someone may have advice. I'm currently going to therapy.

Firstly I dont want to have a kid. Im not ready for that I live in a group home. And I cant afford a kid nor move out. But i have very very strong maternal instincts despite being trans. Very strong. I get my desire to care for kids out at the daycare i work at. And that's enough usually for me. I love caring for kids and such.

I never have been pregnant but was diagnosed with galactorrhea. Meaning I have breast milk. It's not usually a lot but it's been triggering my maternal side and making me want to breastfeed. So I now have a babydoll I've named Alana that i "feed" hold talk to and take care of at home. My therapist thinks this is beneficial for me and i do talk to her about. Lately I've been singing to her and putting her to "sleep" after "feeding" her. It has been helpful for me this has helping me cope and such. It does make me feel self consious talking about it here but i felt if i share itll help me be more comfortable with what im feeling and may help some folk going through similar feelings to know they arent alone.

If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with these feelings, things that have helped them feel free to offer it be it here in this thread or pm. I could use the support. If anyone is having similar feelings and wishes to talk about it I can listen be it through pm or this thread.

I feel a little better having written this out. Imma post a photo of Alana in a moment.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
20240801_154044.jpg