• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It annoys me to no end when people compare Set and Satan

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Like to even claim Satan has his origins in Set. Not he doesn't. Set and Satan are nothing alike. Set is God. Did people ever believe Satan was God?

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Like to even claim Satan has his origins in Set. Not he doesn't. Set and Satan are nothing alike. Set is God. Did people ever believe Satan was God?

Actually, I do think are are some Satanists who view Satan as God. You have to remember, not all (if any) Satanists view Satan the way he is portrayed in the Bible.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Actually, I do think are are some Satanists who view Satan as God. You have to remember, not all (if any) Satanists view Satan the way he is portrayed in the Bible.

Well yeah, but I mean Set's evil has a purpose in the universe from a Kemetic perspective. By comparison, the Abrahamic Satan is just a cosmic trouble maker.

Kai'a

Freethinker
Though it could be debated from Satan's perspective, his acts *also* have some purpose, if taking that stance on things. Similarly, some people indeed view him as a deity, and even though perhaps he wasn't in 'origins', he may well have 'developed' into.

I agree with your observation though that to claim they were similar or Satan originated in Set in the beginning, is far off, and I understand where the frustration comes from.