• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italian Shia Cleric: Fiqh Can Offer Solutions for Muslim World Challenges

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Director of Italian-based Imam Mahdi (AS) Institute said Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) can offer practical solutions for the challenges the Muslim world is facing.

533324.jpg

(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - Director of Italian-based Imam Mahdi (AS) Institute said Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) can offer practical solutions for the challenges the Muslim world is facing.

Speaking at the international conference on ““Role of Muslim World in Global Power Structure” on Wednesday, Hojat-ol-Islam Abbas De Palma added that Fiqh is subject that covers all of the Muslim society’s issues.

He also referred to Velayat-e Faqih (leadership of the Supreme Jurist) as necessary for all societies, as every society needs someone (a leader) who can implement the Divine teachings in the best manner.

“Fortunately, Muslims today have a Vali Faqih like Ayatollah Khamenei who … in different challenges makes decisions that are in the best interest of the Muslim Ummah.”

Hojat-ol-Islam De Palma further pointed to the issue of political Ijtihad and said all Muslim countries need to recognize that political Ijtihad is a necessity for governance in Islam.

The two-day international conference on “Role of Muslim World in Global Power Structure” began in Tehran on Tuesday with the participation of scholars and political figures from different Muslim countries.

Italian Shia Cleric: Fiqh Can Offer Solutions for Muslim World Challenges

technomage

Finding my own way
He also referred to Velayat-e Faqih (leadership of the Supreme Jurist) as necessary for all societies, as every society needs someone (a leader) who can implement the Divine teachings in the best manner.

“Fortunately, Muslims today have a Vali Faqih like Ayatollah Khamenei who … in different challenges makes decisions that are in the best interest of the Muslim Ummah.”
Asserting that Ayatollah Khamenei can serve as the Vali Faqih for the entire Ummah seems problematic to me. He is not accepted as a legitimate leader even by all Twelvers, much less by Shi'a Islam as a whole, or by Sunni Islam. What do you perceive as the best way to unite the Ummah under the leadership of any one person, much less the leadership of Ayatollah Khamenei?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Asserting that Ayatollah Khamenei can serve as the Vali Faqih for the entire Ummah seems problematic to me. He is not accepted as a legitimate leader even by all Twelvers, much less by Shi'a Islam as a whole, or by Sunni Islam. What do you perceive as the best way to unite the Ummah under the leadership of any one person, much less the leadership of Ayatollah Khamenei?

Seems very unrealistic. Even Imam MuhammadShirazis consultative shura theory.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I think that a Unity of the whole Muslim Ummah under one leader will only be achieved after the arrival of the Mahdi, where all Muslims believe in the Mahdi.

On the other hand, according to my understanding the Iranian scholars are very realistic about the fact not All Muslims recognizing Al-Walli-ul-Faqih as the leader of the Muslim Ummah, and hence these scholars are ready to cooperate with all the other moderate Muslim leaders.

In my view, at this era we need to have moderate Muslim leaders who are recognized by the majority of the Muslims as legitimate leaders, and those leaders need to be ready to recognize each other and form a sort of a group leadership.