• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Begun

j76

They’ve officially launched the final assault on religion

The Reason Project: A Non-Profit Dedicated to Reason

Clifford S. Asness
Peter Atkins
Jerry Coyne
Richard Dawkins
Daniel C. Dennett
Brent Forrester
Rebecca Goldstein
Anthony Grayling
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Christopher Hitchens
Lawrence Krauss
Harold Kroto
Bill Maher
Ian McEwan
Steven Pinker
Salman Rushdie
Lee M. Silver
J. Craig Venter
Ibn Warraq
Steven Weinberg
Sam Harris
Annaka Harris
Jai Lakshman

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
They can't win. We're right. And they know it.

And it frightens them...

Bwah hahahahaha!

I hate it when atheists call religious people stupid and deluded. It is evident these people have no lives to live... All they want to do is spread Atheism.

will never work athiest understand the value of money they won't donate money just to give the finger to religion, they can do that fine on there own

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I would think that atheists would be more offended by this site than theists- simply because it makes atheism into almost a religion. We all know that atheism is the lack of religion- in other words they aren't a religion, so they shouldn't act like one. ;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I hate it when atheists call religious people stupid and deluded. It is evident these people have no lives to live... All they want to do is spread Atheism.

You kind of get used to be called stupid and deluded. It used to bother me, too, but I know good and well that I am not stupid and that I am not deluded, so who cares what others may think about me. :) And I know good and well that you, DonP are not stupid and are quite mature for a 14 year old . :)

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Interesting sight. It annoys me a bit but it is no different to any religion that wants to spread it's influence except it is promoting the eradication of all religion and not all minus one.

In my view people like this are needed just to get noticed. The same way the suffragettes got people to notice woman's rights but it was the suffragists that done most of the work.

Panda

42?
Premium Member

Don P of course you are deluded and stupid, I mean you think English people are better than Scottish people.

Ahhh nothing better than making digs at our southern neighbours :p

Alla Prima

Same can be said of religion. I advocate everyone keeping their religion or non religion private. Send out flyers.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
They’ve officially launched the final assault on religion
Melodrama aside, the only way this could be "the final assault on religion" is if it results in the atheists giving up and going home. Somehow, I doubt that's going to happen.

Don P of course you are deluded and stupid, I mean you think English people are better than Scottish people.

Ahhh nothing better than making digs at our southern neighbours :p
But we are better. Mentally and physically. For Gods sake, America has more bagpipe bands than Scotland. So much more retaining you culture.

themadhair

From the site:
About section said:
The Reason Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. Drawing on the talents of the most prominent and creative thinkers across a wide range of disciplines, The Reason Project seeks to encourage critical thinking and wise public policy through a variety of interrelated projects. The foundation will convene conferences, produce films, sponsor scientific studies and opinion polls, publish original research, award grants to other charitable organizations, and offer material support to religious dissidents and public intellectuals — all with the purpose of eroding the influence of dogmatism, superstition, and bigotry in our world.

While the foundation is devoted to fostering critical thinking generally, we believe that religious ideas require a special focus. Both science and the arts are built upon cultures of vigorous self-criticism; religious discourse is not. As a result, unwarranted religious beliefs still reign unchallenged in almost every society on earth—dividing humanity from itself, inflaming conflict, preventing wise public policy, and diverting scarce resources. One of the primary goals of The Reason Project is to change this increasingly unhealthy status quo.

We are always looking for creative ways to involve the community in our efforts. If you would like to contribute to the work of The Reason Project, please fill out a volunteer application. We encourage you to consider the work of The Reason Project your own.

linwood

I would think that atheists would be more offended by this site than theists- simply because it makes atheism into almost a religion.

Some of us are.

We all know that atheism is the lack of religion- in other words they aren't a religion, so they shouldn't act like one. ;)

This is the thing that annoys me most about Sam Harris.

He`s a lousy atheist and yet he seems to have grabbed the mantle of atheist representative.

Harris wouldn`t be able to properly define skepticism if it bit him on the ***.