• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
That would be Christmas if you're referring to the song, I suppose.

I just wanted to see how everyone felt about this:

A woman came into our work today and asked one of my co-workers why we were selling Christmas and Halloween decorations at the same time. She thought it was very offensive and asked if people were actually buying them together.

MAN, I wish she had asked me!!

My opinion? You buy Halloween and Christmas stuff together, you burn in hell with Satan!!!!!! :fight:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I say we dump Christmas altogether and have two Halloweens every year. :yes:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think they shouldn't sell things like that months before the holidays. It makes you sick of the holiday by the time it finally gets here.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
All the retailers see is a big sucker sign over our heads when we walk in. They start earlier every year, because they don't want to miss a penny of our hard earned money.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The people I really feel sorry for are the cashiers. All those Christmas songs, all the time....and not the good stuff either. It's all the cheesy, borderline elevator-music, Larwence Welk leftovers.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
The people I really feel sorry for are the cashiers. All those Christmas songs, all the time....and not the good stuff either. It's all the cheesy, borderline elevator-music, Larwence Welk leftovers.

Holy crap, yes. It's the same 10 songs sung by 20 different people. Well, I'd be lucky if I got even that much variety. Maybe it's 10 different people.

gnomon

Fortunately I really do not have to put up with much.

I work for a major retailer but not the type that decorates or even makes much of an attempt at all to focus on holiday specifics. It's a bookstore. We put out tables highlighting books relative to the holiday. Sure, we have Christmas signs and what not that are put up starting in November but nothing that actually detracts from the regular look or feel of the store. Plus, employees are not required to do anything except extend the same level of service we do all year round. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays....it doesn't matter. Doesn't stop some customers from giving us grief either way but it's not nearly on the same level as one sees in a department store.

On the other end, I don't go out. So as a customer I rarely have to see much of anything as far as the craziness of the holidays.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I can't wait for the holiday season for one reason (rhyme-age!): when people (who are most likely Christian since they are buying Jesus Christmas stuff) are mean, pushy or rude to me I get to say very cheerfully to them MERRY CHRISTMAS with a big, fat, totally insincere smile on my face.

Yay!!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am pretty good about tuning stuff out, as long as it is bland- So I think the music wouldn't bother me. But why would anyone want to even think about Christmas until November?

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I am pretty good about tuning stuff out, as long as it is bland- So I think the music wouldn't bother me. But why would anyone want to even think about Christmas until November?

I know!!! We got Halloween stuff in August and Christmas in September. Early in the month too...which astounds and disgusts me.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If people are rude and you have to be polite to them. Put that big cheesy phony smile on and think about tripping them or something. It helps with stress. ;)

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
If people are rude and you have to be polite to them. Put that big cheesy phony smile on and think about tripping them or something. It helps with stress. ;)

Aww hehe thanks for the suggestion. I never find full satisfaction, though, unless I can actually trip them...or talk back to them......JEEBUS if only I could talk back to those people who are either 1-horrendously rude or 2-think they're being so ******* witty...I would be so happy!!! And jobless!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
That would be Christmas if you're referring to the song, I suppose.

I just wanted to see how everyone felt about this:

A woman came into our work today and asked one of my co-workers why we were selling Christmas and Halloween decorations at the same time. She thought it was very offensive and asked if people were actually buying them together.

MAN, I wish she had asked me!!

My opinion? You buy Halloween and Christmas stuff together, you burn in hell with Satan!!!!!! :fight:
You're already selling christmas supplies!?!?!?!?

It's only october!!!

I don't want to hear any christmas songs until 2 weeks before christmas, at the earliest.

Minister_E

I for one don't do Halloween and that has nothing to do with religion.....But I do believe that it was a Peagan holiday therefore in my eyes your wrong but on those same lines people arn't doing the rituals that the peagans did....therefore I couldnt really say....as far as Christmas I never got down with the whole tree thing b/c again apparently at some point in history the Peagan religion used a tree as a idol in the same fashion that some use a christmas tree....but im not to informed on that but I celebrate Christmas as the "birth" of Jesus (yes it's not his actual b-day) but still...I feel as though I dont thing God is gonna be like well You doomed to hell b/c you brought Halloween stuff... I dont think God is really looking at that as an issue

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I agree with you, Minister_E. I used to think, when I first become a Christian, that Hallowe'en was some evil holiday. But not anymore. All that stuff is just for fun and no one takes it seriously. Just like I don't think Harry Potter is evil.