• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've always imagined the Greek mythology to be speaking of the times before the Flood.

phuti

Aspiring Saint
in Genesis, it is written:
There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I'm not that well informed in Greek Mythologies, but couldn't these have been your Herculeses and the likes? Half-man half-god? The book of Enoch actually has more detail on this, but is there any possibility that these people/creatures indeed did exist and were indeed mighty as told in the Bible?

What I've learned is that, a lie usually develops from a true story. If stories of these men were true, over thousands of years the stories are still told, maybe with added "what-what" but very close to the truth.

dogsgod

I think of Christ as just another one of these imaginary Greek gods, and I think of God Himself as fashioned after Zeus, the god of gods.

Smoke

Done here.
What I've learned is that, a lie usually develops from a true story. If stories of these men were true, over thousands of years the stories are still told, maybe with added "what-what" but very close to the truth.
Do you think the story of Paul Bunyan is very close to the truth, too?

How about Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman?

Jack and the Beanstalk?

Muffled

Jesus in me
in Genesis, it is written:

I'm not that well informed in Greek Mythologies, but couldn't these have been your Herculeses and the likes? Half-man half-god? The book of Enoch actually has more detail on this, but is there any possibility that these people/creatures indeed did exist and were indeed mighty as told in the Bible?

If the Greek myths were the only ones talking about gods, I might be less inclined to think there was much validity. However Norse myths, Egyptian myths and Hindu writings, all talk about gods. The Bible also hints at it including the first commandment "Thous shalt not have any gods before me."