• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is the name Jehovah so powerful you have taken me off ignore to insult me? How should I feel? Special or insulted?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It might please me for you to put me back on ignore. Why should you listen to me? You shouldn't and you don't. Let's be even, shall we?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I only mentioned the Jews because if it were not for the Jews there would be no reason to care. I am sorry if mentioning them offended anyone.

Wherenextcolumbus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3546027 said:
Are you excited for Don Jon??!!

EDIT: It already came out, right?

No I'm not, but I wonder why you are asking me this in this thread? lol

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
No I'm not, but I wonder why you are asking me this in this thread? lol

Yeah, my b. I'm excited for that movie. I think she's one of the few good actresses in Hollywood that actually is talented in acting. But, why aren't you excited?? It's supposed to be so funny! :p

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is funny! Not the movie. The thread. I just love it when others highjack better than me. It makes me feel normal. I better be on ignore!

Awoon

I have read enough to be able to conclude the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses equate themselves to Jehovah*. They do believe Jehovah is the modern name of the God of Israel יְהוָה֙ .

I wonder why Jews are silent regarding that fact that when they say Jehovah they mean the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

*An example of it is when someone leaves the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses it is said they leave Jehovah.

I have concluded in my own right that calling a human organization Jehovah is sinning against the commandment "You shall not take the name of Adonai thy God in vain".

1. Why does it not matter if a non Jew does it?
2. Is it not bad if The Name is pronounced incorrectly?

It seems to me the order of the ten commandments is significant. Why has taking The Name in vain become least significant please?

I don't think the saying, "taking the name or in the name of" literally means someone's name in a book or on a piece of paper. What in the "name" of, to me would be taking a nature of or in the method of that name. "You shall not take the name (nature) of Adonai they God in vain (vanity)." Many people say "in the name of Jesus" but don't demonstrate any of the methods that were taught by Jesus.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think the saying, "taking the name or in the name of" literally means someone's name in a book or on a piece of paper. What in the "name" of, to me would be taking a nature of or in the method of that name. "You shall not take the name (nature) of Adonai they God in vain (vanity)." Many people say "in the name of Jesus" but don't demonstrate any of the methods that were taught by Jesus.

That's right. It is another way of saying what I am obviously having a hard time saying.

The nature of Jehovah YHVH is to save. The assumed nature of the governing body is to save. See?

Awoon

That's right. It is another way of saying what I am obviously having a hard time saying.

The nature of Jehovah YHVH is to save. The assumed nature of the governing body is to save. See?

Yep. I thought that's what you were trying to say.:D

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I wonder why Jews are silent regarding that fact that when they say Jehovah they mean the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.
*An example of it is when someone leaves the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses it is said they leave Jehovah.
I'm not sure I understand this. I do not believe that the Witnesses believe the organization is Jehovah (God). By "leaving Jehovah" I'm assuming they mean that they are forsaking God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure I understand this. I do not believe that the Witnesses believe the organization is Jehovah (God). By "leaving Jehovah" I'm assuming they mean that they are forsaking God.

If leaving means forsaking God but what actually is happening is forsaking the organization then....they are saying they are as good as God Jehovah. And that's a sin, isn't it?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I better be on ignore!

Nah, you are not on ignore. Well, I don't ignore you. Nor do I use the ignore option on RF. Does RF even have an ignore option? Idk.

I have been wondering if Horrorble's picture was of Scarlett-ji. So, I wanted to confirm. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

I noticed your thread was getting pretty heated. So, I wanted to deflect that tension with a little cooling off.

But, please do tell me if you were offended by my sidetracking. I will be more than happy to delete my recent posts on this thread.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To be God approved one must submit one's self to the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, according to THEM.

To be God approved one must submit one's self to God.

See how the first nine words are the same?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
To be God approved one must submit one's self to the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, according to THEM.

To be God approved one must submit one's self to God.

To be God approved one must submit one's self to God

To be God approved one must submit one's self to Jesus.

While both statements are true I doubt this is a valid argument for the deity of Christ nor is it a valid argument for your position regarding the JWs.