• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
are you talking about the Noahide laws?

No. I mean the ten commandments. I understand what he is saying. I don't agree though that breaking them is of no consequence for non-Jews so they do apply to all imo. If anyone wants to sow what is good, he must respect those. I can see that they cannot be obeyed or disobeyed as they are not laws unto themselves. A good point that I shall remember.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi.... I'm back!

The JW's don't commit any wrong by announcing that one of their members has left Jehovah, because that is not the correct name for God. It might be their God, but it is not many other people's.

OK. There are eight million believers that would disagree with that. The eight million (and many more that have died) believe Jehovah to be The God of the Hebrews YHVH. And it is my firm belief that, know it or not, YHVH The God of the Hebrews is God Almighty. It is not possible to wish it. It is.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Young's Literal Translation Jeremiah 31:34
And they do not teach any more Each his neighbour, and each his brother, Saying, Know ye Jehovah, For they all know Me, from their least unto their greatest, An affirmation of Jehovah; For I pardon their iniquity, And of their sin I make mention no more.

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe (or teach) that to be forgiven one must be one with the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jer 31:34 And they shall no longer, each man, teach his neighbor, and each man his brother, saying know thee YHVH. Because they all will know me; thus from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHVH. Because I will forgive their iniquity, and their offences (I) won't mark any longer.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi.... I'm back!

The JW's don't commit any wrong by announcing that one of their members has left Jehovah, because that is not the correct name for God. It might be their God, but it is not many other people's.

good point badger

We are distinguished by the name of our God, and if no one else wants to use that name, then they dont have to. We will use it and continue to proclaim that it is the name of the True God.

We dont force people to believe us.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a difference between leaving Jehovah and leaving what someone believes is the prescribed way of Jehovah. I have never once said that loyal Jehovah's Witnesses are not going the right way. I am saying they are wrong to tell me I am going the wrong way.

When David sinned with Bathsheba he left the righteous way. He did not leave Jehovah. When Moses hit the rock he left God's righteous way. He did not leave Jehovah.

The way of Jehovah and The God Jehovah are two realities, not one.

It is true to say savagewind has left the Jehovah's Witness prescribed way of Jehovah. It is not true to say savagewind has left YHVH.

If it's not true it's a lie. It is not right to lie about YHVH. It is my belief that every time you lie you also leave the way of Jehovah. I can be sure my kind is sorry to make you lie. Please accept my apology that you should lie about me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jer 31:34 And they shall no longer, each man, teach his neighbor, and each man his brother, saying know thee YHVH. Because they all will know me; thus from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHVH. Because I will forgive their iniquity, and their offences (I) won't mark any longer.

Again, I do not see your point. The words are jumbled different ways, but to me they mean the same.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
There is a difference between leaving Jehovah and leaving what someone believes is the prescribed way of Jehovah. I have never once said that loyal Jehovah's Witnesses are not going the right way. I am saying they are wrong to tell me I am going the wrong way.

When David sinned with Bathsheba he left the righteous way. He did not leave Jehovah. When Moses hit the rock he left God's righteous way. He did not leave Jehovah.

The way of Jehovah and The God Jehovah are two realities, not one.

It is true to say savagewind has left the Jehovah's Witness prescribed way of Jehovah. It is not true to say savagewind has left YHVH.

If it's not true it's a lie. It is not right to lie about YHVH. It is my belief that every time you lie you also leave the way of Jehovah. I can be sure my kind is sorry to make you lie. Please accept my apology that you should lie about me.

do you honestly think we sit here thinking and talking about you all day?

I'll tell you a secret. We dont.

You need to move on with whatever you want to do with your life. We are not going to be talking about it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You need to move on with whatever you want to do with your life. We are not going to be talking about it.

It makes me glad you and she will not be calling me 1. a slanderer 2. an apostate 3. a reviler anymore. It makes me happy to know you will be taking the strait road from now on. Thanks!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will be extra happy when the Jehovah's Witnesses will be taught by their big daddy that to be implying that those who leave are sinners against YHVH is very bad form and sinning in it's own right. OK?

btw I actually think of you only when you post so I don't know where you get the idea that you think of me more often than that. Odd.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

btw I actually think of you only when you post so I don't know where you get the idea that you think of me more often than that. Odd.
You might want to try that last sentence again. :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
good point badger

We are distinguished by the name of our God, and if no one else wants to use that name, then they dont have to. We will use it and continue to proclaim that it is the name of the True God.

We dont force people to believe us.

OK.. Totally understood. Respected absolutely. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You might want to try that last sentence again. :D

Odd? or

Do you mean my English or logic lack? Which one is it, or neither?

It has occured to me over and over everyone hears their own "logic". To try to make sense on forum is utter vanity.

If it's my English you mean, um, uh, I think I don't care about that either.

Last edited:

kjw47

Hello.....

Yeshua never heard that word, Jehovah, nor did he use it. Come to think of it, he never heard of or used the word Jesus, either.

He has now--- but you are right, Jesus spoke Hebrew=YHWH-OR YESHUA---- but we speak English--- Jehovah or Jesus.--- same with Yob=Job-- Yeremiah-Jeremiah

Wherenextcolumbus

He has now--- but you are right, Jesus spoke Hebrew=YHWH-OR YESHUA---- but we speak English--- Jehovah or Jesus.--- same with Yob=Job-- Yeremiah-Jeremiah

No it is not, it is a combination of YHWH with Adonai, and the Latin translation of it. it is not YHWH=Jehovah in English

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
No it is not, it is a combination of YHWH with Adonai, and the Latin translation of it. it is not YHWH=Jehovah in English

our hebrew speaking brothers use the name Yahweh....and our hebrew translation of the bible also uses it.

Its purely said as Jehovah in english. All our brothers from around the world have their own way of saying the name in their own language.
ie,
Indonesian - Yehuwa
Samoan - Ieova
Kreol - Zeova

these are all translated from the tetragrammaton YHWH into these languages. English just happens to be Jehovah.

Last edited: