• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus loves you, Bush Doesn't

TranceAm

Most times these picture are there for only one day.
I don't know whether this is allowed or that it is deeplinking, since I mention the main page http://www.rense.com where you can see it for yourself.

If this isn't allowed then this is a request to admin/mod to remove this post/picture.

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/bushdoesnt.jpg
bushdoesnt.jpg

Circle_One

When I first did it the picture showed up, but when I refreshed, it told me I was making Baby Jesus cry :biglaugh:

EDIT: What exactly is hotlinking? I'm computer illiterate.

TranceAm

So.. Back to topic,

What would make Baptist put up a sign like that?
Isn't Bush furthering their agenda?

Edit:
Rex
"they could just be using a church sign generator like this place"
On that site page 3 of the real church signs you see the same picture but clipped without the cars.

No*s

Captain Obvious
TranceAm said:
So.. Back to topic,

Depends on the Baptists. Before the creation of the Evangelical Fundamentalism that is so popular among Baptists today, Baptists had fought, and fought hard for the idea of total religious toleration (in fact...they were the first to propose taking it to that level) and were instrumental in the formation of the separation clause.

What we might have here are Baptists who are historically conservative for their denomination. Total separation of Church and State is the historic position held by most Baptists, and it's fairly recently that it's turned over. If they hold to a separation of Church and State, and that the unification is sin, then they would definately oppose Bush.

If the sign is real, this might be one of those groups that are holding out :D.

TranceAm

No*s said:
Depends on the Baptists. Before the creation of the Evangelical Fundamentalism that is so popular among Baptists today, Baptists had fought, and fought hard for the idea of total religious toleration (in fact...they were the first to propose taking it to that level) and were instrumental in the formation of the separation clause.

What we might have here are Baptists who are historically conservative for their denomination. Total separation of Church and State is the historic position held by most Baptists, and it's fairly recently that it's turned over. If they hold to a separation of Church and State, and that the unification is sin, then they would definately oppose Bush.

If the sign is real, this might be one of those groups that are holding out :D.
Wow... Now THAT is something I have respect for. :162:
A Preacher that lives what he preaches and walks the path others talk about..

Thanks for the info No's.

No*s

Captain Obvious
TranceAm said:
Wow... Now THAT is something I have respect for. :162:
A Preacher that lives what he preaches and walks the path others talk about..

Thanks for the info No's.

Welcome. It's just speculation, mind you, because I don't have access to the preacher, but it's plausible.

Early in their history, Baptists were persecuted by the dominant churches in Western Europe, martyrs and all. I remember one story where the Baptist minister, in an Anglican jail, had his sermons smuggled out rather creatively. His dinner was delivered, wrapped in paper with some milk. He would use the milk to write on the paper. When it was smuggled out, it was then placed near a fire and the writing became visible.

Since they lived in conditions like this, they fought for religious liberty for three centuries, and still do in many places in the world. It's only recently that the Baptists have changed position (under the influence of Fundamentalists at the turn of the 20th century).

Since they are decentralized, there still remains Baptists who hold to the older views. One really has to judge church by church, because that's how the ecclessiology works.

I may not be a Baptist anymore. I may even condemn many of its beliefs as heresy, but they have done many good things :).

A

angellous_evangellous

TranceAm said:
So.. Back to topic,

---

Why a Baptist would do anything is subject to the particular whims of the person in charge of the sign. Baptists come in a variety of flavors. :162:

A

angellous_evangellous

I may not be a Baptist anymore. I may even condemn many of its beliefs as heresy, but they have done many good things :).[/QUOTE]--

No*s, you are too kind. I know that you are being kind, but you are saying, "They are heretics, but they do good things." Ouch. :eek:

No*s

Captain Obvious
angellous_evangellous said:
No*s, you are too kind. I know that you are being kind, but you are saying, "They are heretics, but they do good things." Ouch. :eek:

Well, yes, it does break down to that, but I wasn't wanting to emphasize that there, but that they do good things, and that I'll say that despite my differences :eek:.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I don't have a problem with that sign. People shouldn't put political leaders on such high pedestals. Worship God, not Bush!! Bush doesn't impress me that much anyway, he's done some good things in the past, but he isn't conservative enough.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Rex_Admin said:
they could just be using a church sign generator like this place

http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/
Hey Rex, I'd like one of those! I tried to put in 'MICHEL'S RELIGION IS THE ONLY ONE'
but I got a message to say I couldn't change the text from an outside source.
I think that's mean!:woohoo::jiggy:

TranceAm

You know what is spooky...

A day after I mentioned that I had respect for preachers that walked the talk, out of nowhere, 2 representaves of the Baptis church showed up at my door...