• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jewish Music

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I've always liked the Fountainheads. :yes:

CMike, what are some of the more mainstream Jewish groups you like?

CMike

I've always liked the Fountainheads. :yes:

CMike, what are some of the more mainstream Jewish groups you like?

I am not sure what you mean by mainstream, but I like the Macabeats. They are from my alma mater Yeshiva University.

Also, I love Ofra Haza, she has an incredibly beautful voice. Unfortunately she died of AIDS contracted by her husband.

She sung Jerusalem of Gold which I posted.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I am not sure what you mean by mainstream, but I like the Macabeats. They are from my alma mater Yeshiva University.

Yeah, I don't know what the right word for it is. Contemporary? Modern? I mean groups like 8th Day, Matisyahu, etc.

Also, I love Ofra Haza, she has an incredibly beautful voice. Unfortunately she died of AIDS contracted by her husband.

She sung Jerusalem of Gold which I posted.

Thanks!

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
Fountainheads are great. I tried to post another video before but it wouldn't post (now I forget what it was), so I gave up.

Avraham Fried is always great.
I started out back when Hippies still walked the Earth with Safam and Uncle Moishy and Moshe Yess.
The Marvelous Midos Machine is still one of the all time great productions.
Anything by Abie Rotenberg is well worth listening to....

[youtube]RGRfnaDL7KM[/youtube]
yerushalayim - YouTube

See - now I can't post this Safam as a video, just a link.
Why is that?
Anyway - it's a great song - click the link....

"Leaving Mother Russia" - by Safam - YouTube

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
What, no one mentions Shlomo Carlebach?

I have many of his tapes. In retrospect, I should have bought the CDs but my car had a tape drive only. Now my tape deck is broke and the tapes themselves are falling apart as old tapes do.