• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Kerry & Mary Cheney

Pah

Uber all member
John Kerry & Mary Cheney

Kerry was responding to a question by moderator Bob Schieffer about whether homosexuality is a choice. "We're all God's children, Bob," said Kerry, "and I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was. She's being who she was born as. I think if you talk to anybody, it's not a choice."

The reference angered Mary Cheney's mother, Lynne. She called it a "cheap and tawdry political trick" at a post-debate event in Pennsylvania, adding, "Of course, I am speaking as a mom, and a pretty indignant mom." Source: Gay.com
the article said:
Lynne Cheney didn't say anything even remotely like this after Alan Keyes, a Republican, described her daughter Mary as a selfish hedonist. In fact, she didn't say anything at all. For someone reason, such personal attacks coming from a Republican are acceptable, but when a Democrat simply cites Mary as an example of an average gay person, that makes him a "bad person."

If Lynne Cheney was "speaking as a mom" that she gets "indignant" when someone reminds conservative voters that her daughter is a lesbian but not when a bigot calls that daughter a selfish hedonist, well I have to question just how good of a "mom" she really is.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Lynne Cheney didn't say anything even remotely like this after Alan Keyes, a Republican, described her daughter Mary as a selfish hedonist. In fact, she didn't say anything at all. For someone reason, such personal attacks coming from a Republican are acceptable, but when a Democrat simply cites Mary as an example of an average gay person, that makes him a "bad person."

I think that says it all about this issue.