• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Kerry vs. George Bush: Your Opinion

Rudyabdul

The strong rational leader melds a general and realistic vision of national interest with an informed understanding of the policies that are meant to implement it, and joins a firmness of will in executing policy with a willingness to adapt policy to adverse and beneficial outcomes.

Bush

Bush is a leader of the "C.E.O." type who dwells on the "big picture". He focuses on the outcome without first looking at the directions that need to be taken to get to the outcome. Bush’s main problem is that he is either incapable or too lazy to make decisions; I think it’s the latter. He leaves all of the important decision-making to others, which is a big mistake. In times of crisis, Bush, who is a Cancer, crawls into his shell and lets his advisors tell him what they think he should do and he agrees with them without looking at the facts first. Instead, he chooses to adhere to policies that his advisors have convinced him corresponds with his vision. It seems that everyone else is doing his job but him.

In my opinion, any executive who is unconcerned with policy and unreceptive to its effects will end up in the control of whoever has his ear or will continue to pursue direction of failure.

Kerry

Kerry's decisional style has not been tested in an executive capacity, however it is possible to predict how it would be likely to affect his decisions if he assumed the presidency. Kerry focuses mainly on the possible consequences of alternative policies, he seeks to gather information on issues from a variety of sources, sometimes playing devil's advocate and taking multiple perspectives on the meaning of the information he receives, and concentrating on worst-case scenarios and trying to anticipate the responses to his initiatives by allies and opponents.

The Republican charge that he is a "flip-flopper" really doesn’t get at Kerry's weakness--he changes his perspectives as new facts come in. Kerry seems to be the type who prefers to think things over before he makes a decision; the question is how long will it take. When he is confronted with repairing the damage done by Operation Iraqi Freedom to American power, her economy and her relationship to its allies, he’s going to have to use expediency in his decision-making and have confidence in his own judgment.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Do any Americans ponder the question of why bother your a*** to vote for one or the other? It's not too hard to understand that policies of mainstream politicians are either created by or seriously altered by business before becoming law. Big business is a master lobby group and knows exactly how to best manipulate the work of government and represent itself more powerfully than any other interest.

linwood

truthseekingsoul said:
Do any Americans ponder the question of why bother your a*** to vote for one or the other? It's not too hard to understand that policies of mainstream politicians are either created by or seriously altered by business before becoming law. Big business is a master lobby group and knows exactly how to best manipulate the work of government and represent itself more powerfully than any other interest.

Which is why I`d like to vote for Nadar, big business would have a few troubles if he were elected.

But..I don`t think too many Americans are asking why they bother this year.

It`s scary over here.

linwood said:
Which is why I`d like to vote for Nadar, big business would have a few troubles if he were elected.
This is what I don't understand, who do the working classes think they work for? Do they think that by forcing large corporations overseas that they will somehow weild more financial power or something? I have never understood the thirst for vengence that some people seem to have against their employers.

linwood

This is what I don't understand, who do the working classes think they work for? Do they think that by forcing large corporations overseas that they will somehow weild more financial power or something? I have never understood the thirst for vengence that some people seem to have against their employers.
Send a message via AIM to Hirohito18200

I just want them to get back to ethical business practices.
You must agree the corporate world needs a bit more oversight than it presently has.

Look at recent history.

I would definitely agree. Corporate scandals are one of the biggest factors that have shaken investor convidence (stating the obvious i know) and hampered the nation on its road to economic revovery. However, Nader's plans are not just "a bit more oversight". They include heavy regulations regarding growth and purchase agreements, as well as simply higher taxes. I fully understand his platform, but I definitely don't agree with it. And Kerry wants to take my guns away :'(. Don't tell me he is a registered hunter lol, it is some soldier that doesn't understand the difference between an assault rifle and an assault weapon ><. Don't get me started.

linwood

They include heavy regulations regarding growth and purchase agreements, as well as simply higher taxes. I fully understand his platform, but I definitely don't agree with it.

I agree Nadar is a bit overboard with his solution but he does at least see the problem.

I don`t believe Nadar would get any of his more radical ideas through a republican congress so I think the oversight is a bone they may throw him.

Maybe he`s just the least 3rd of three evils...why don`t I get a choice?

heh

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
As for the guns thing. Why do you want them in the first place... though perhaps this is a seperate debate...