• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgment Day Quran vs Bible

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
If you are a Jew, please explain in one Paragraph, briefly what is the Judgement Day in your belief and what's supposed to happen?

If you are a Christian, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.

If you are a Muslim, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.

It will be interesting to see, how different Religions understand it, and if there are differences between them.

If you are a Christian, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.
The day when righteous will get eternal life and the others eternal death.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans

So, from Christian perspective, end of the world, is the same as Judgement Day, is the same as the Day Christ returns?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
I think that is the Biblical idea. Although I am not sure is the "end of the world" good saying, because in some way life continues.

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24:14

So, why do you think, the Bible says the end comes?

Muffled

Jesus in me

Romans 6:23
I don't see any time element in that verse; I believe Christians get eternal life at the last judgment but the rest don't go to hell until the Final Judgment 1,000 years later.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
I don't see any time element in that verse; I believe Christians get eternal life at the last judgment but the rest don't go to hell until the Final Judgment 1,000 years later.

Do you mean, you believe there is an event called "the last judgment" which starts with return of Christ, and last 1000 years. Then after the 1000 years period, there comes the Final Judgement, where everyone is resurrected. The non-Christians go to Hell, and true Christians go to heaven?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I can't keep all the terms straight, so here's what I basically believe:

I believe that first of all, all of us are in for a lot of surprises on that day.

Secondly, God has never let me down. And I have been through some crap, some self inflicted and some definitely not, but my faith in God has not wavered and His faith in me apparently hasn't either. I am in a dark place right now but I haven't always been and I know I won't always be. And things could be a LOT worse, so there's that aspect that is comforting.

Finally, I believe that since God is ultimately in control in my belief system, that He will continue to sustain me through the Last or Final Judgment. He knows my heart.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member

I believe that first of all, all of us are in for a lot of surprises on that day.

Secondly, God has never let me down. And I have been through some crap, some self inflicted and some definitely not, but my faith in God has not wavered and His faith in me apparently hasn't either. I am in a dark place right now but I haven't always been and I know I won't always be. And things could be a LOT worse, so there's that aspect that is comforting.

Finally, I believe that since God is ultimately in control in my belief system, that He will continue to sustain me through the Last or Final Judgment. He knows my heart.
I hope life comes good for you. Stay strong, the light is always there for us.

Regards Tony

Ok, maybe you are right. Luckily I don't think it really matters what we think about the time after comeback of Jesus, we will see it then.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Do you mean, you believe there is an event called "the last judgment" which starts with return of Christ, and last 1000 years. Then after the 1000 years period, there comes the Final Judgement, where everyone is resurrected. The non-Christians go to Hell, and true Christians go to heaven?
I believe people only go to Heaven after they are dead and need to go there and god allows it.

I do believe when Jesus returns He will judge between the quick and the dead. I also believe those not found in the book of life at the last judgment will be sent to Hell. I believe believers are destined for eternal life on a new earth.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe that is about where my wife stood. She didn't know God from Adam but she did receive Jesus as Lord and Savior and I feel pretty sure she went back to Heaven because she can't stand evil including her own.