• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just wanted to ask the mods.

IOmnist

Wordsmith
Hello all mods that read this,
I am new to this forum, but I was rather curious as to how to set up a specific area for Omnists. I have been working on this for months and there really isn't any specific spot for us to come together and discuss ideas openly. I just figured I would ask (the worst you can tell me is no) but there is really no spot on this forum for Omnists, nothing against the way this site is set up, it's actually very beautifully put together. I was just wondering if you would be able to put a spot in there for Omnism? Most say that the UU is the place to go, but Omnists are a currently a bit shy about opening up about their beliefs. We are currently few and far between, but I think with a little help and further open discussion among Omnists (so that others may get involved) people may begin to develop a better understanding of the type of folks that we are.
Thank you for your time.

Laika

Premium Member
I can't speak for the mods, but if you know a few more Omnists and want to invite them over, I'd imagine they'll be quite welcome. We're a diverse bunch here and generally get along pretty well, particuarly by internet forum standards. As Omnists believe in respecting all religions, it would sound like as a group you're ideal for being on RF and deserve fair respect in return.

IOmnist

Wordsmith
Thank you, The Urban Omnist is a recent member here as well as myself. I have skirted in and out of here over the months, but I finally have some time and something other than my phone for the internet. There is no-where specific as far as boards on this forum, so most Omnists would just steer away from the forum itself. Most of the talk of Omnism online has been very limited to blogs and/or attempts at websites that have been abandoned. My logic is that if there is a specific spot to actually apply ideas under in a forum, then perhaps there will be some draw to it, even for individuals that are already here. You see, Omnism is very accepting of many different viewpoints, so generally speaking it would be a "free for all" if you will, but one for many like minded individuals seeking any god or a lack there-of and finding the line within all of that that may tie us into one another despite our differences. and yes, the diversity here is pretty awesome, i haven't dug into a lot of the boards, but I skimmed over many of the topics and areas of discussion, alas....no Omnist board though.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
One thing I would recommend you bear in mind is that RF is not for preaching for (or against) any religious group, nor for advertising and promotion. Listing a website in your user title or signature can be considered a rule violation, so I'd recommend you change that. It's a good idea to read up on the site rules in general. This is a more heavily moderated forum than many (probably most, honestly) places on the internet.

As for where to discuss new religious movements, there's a DIR set up for that: New Religious Movements DIR | ReligiousForums.com
Or if you don't consider it "new" this DIR could also be appropriate: Other Religious Movements and Practices DIR | ReligiousForums.com

Keep in mind DIRs are for like-minded fellowship and are not to be used for debate by anyone. If you want to make same-faith debate threads, you would do that here: Same Faith Debates | ReligiousForums.com Similarly, if you want to open up the conversation to others you could do that either here (for non-debate - Comparative Religion | ReligiousForums.com or here (for debate - Religious Debates | ReligiousForums.com

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
One thing I would recommend you bear in mind is that RF is not for preaching for (or against) any religious group, nor for advertising and promotion. Listing a website in your user title or signature can be considered a rule violation, so I'd recommend you change that. It's a good idea to read up on the site rules in general. This is a more heavily moderated forum than many (probably most, honestly) places on the internet.

As for where to discuss new religious movements, there's a DIR set up for that: New Religious Movements DIR | ReligiousForums.com
Or if you don't consider it "new" this DIR could also be appropriate: Other Religious Movements and Practices DIR | ReligiousForums.com

Keep in mind DIRs are for like-minded fellowship and are not to be used for debate by anyone. If you want to make same-faith debate threads, you would do that here: Same Faith Debates | ReligiousForums.com Similarly, if you want to open up the conversation to others you could do that either here (for non-debate - Comparative Religion | ReligiousForums.com or here (for debate - Religious Debates | ReligiousForums.com
Good advice.

IOmnist

Wordsmith
Cool, I wasn't sure what the signature was so I put my blog in there, my bad. Can I place that in my links section on my profile? Not so much trying to preach, just difficult to find a spot where Omnists can congregate, I have seen many people online looking for clearer definition, so I figured I would try here. I will definitely look into the new movement threads though, thanks for the direction.

IOmnist

Wordsmith
I may just stick around the introduction page though if it is all the same. It seems the best spot, none of this is geared for debates, it's more a spot for people to get an understanding of Omnism so it is not as obscure as many people seem to think it is.