• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just wanted to say thanks!!

Master Vigil

On March 3, I will be speaking to my local UU church on Taoism. The first friday of every month, they have someone from different faiths come and speak about it. This Friday is the Lenape Nation, and next month is Taoism. And they chose me to speak. :jiggy:

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you wonderful UU's here. If it hadn't have been for you, this would never have happened. So thanks!!:bounce

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:
On March 3, I will be speaking to my local UU church on Taoism. The first friday of every month, they have someone from different faiths come and speak about it. This Friday is the Lenape Nation, and next month is Taoism. And they chose me to speak. :jiggy:

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you wonderful UU's here. If it hadn't have been for you, this would never have happened. So thanks!!:bounce
Cogratulations!:clap

Master Vigil

I went to a drum circle at the holistic center I teach at, and one of the ladies was a UU, we got to talking (because you guys make me so interested :D) and she told me about the first friday of every month thing. She happened to be the lady who does all of the planning and stuff for the church.:D So we kept talking and it ultimately led to us swapping emails, and her wanting me to teach.

A couple days later, I received the email saying the date and time. :D

robtex

Veteran Member
Dan, you speaking at a UU church is a win/win situation. They will get a glimpse at your spirtuality and you will see many different beliefs side/side in harmony. That is a beautiful thing to see. Glad you found a congregation to speak at. Tell it what it was like later.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
That's wonderful news, for all parties involved!

(I'm getting so hyped up about attending a UU congregation in Iowa City that I'm trying to work extra hours just to get the gas!)

Davidium

Congrats...

Heh, it is kinda funny... several years ago I was asked to speak at a UU church on Deism, and now I am in seminary to become a UU minister... funny that...

Watch out, or they might recruit you...

Yours in Faith,

David

Master Vigil

Davidium said:
Congrats...

Heh, it is kinda funny... several years ago I was asked to speak at a UU church on Deism, and now I am in seminary to become a UU minister... funny that...

Watch out, or they might recruit you...

Yours in Faith,

David
HAHAHAHA!!! :biglaugh: I had a dream the other night and that is what happened. :rolleyes: Ya never know about these things. :D

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
MV?

I know you live in Western PA, so if you would be comfortable telling me what UU church nearby I would LOVE to go and hear you speak about Taoism. I go to one in WV, but I'm sure that they'd let me squeeze in a church up where you are. : D

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
It's the UU church in Ligonier. That would be awesome if you came.
biggrin.gif

: D This one?
http://www.uuflv.org/

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Congrats. Is thier going to be any recordings of it? Maybe post it so others can watch.

I have been wanting to go to a UU church, but I haven't had a sunday off for a few months. Would've went tomorow, but someone quit and now I got stuck working again.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
What time is it? I can't wait!

I'll even wear my jamaesi shirt (it has a peace dove and jamaesi on it) so you'll know who the crazy girl there is. ;)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Master Vigil said:

Dude!!! That's awesome! sorry I didn't see this sooner Congrats!!! :clap :jam:

Can we get some Pics Jamaesi?

Master Vigil

jamaesi said:
What time is it? I can't wait!

I'll even wear my jamaesi shirt (it has a peace dove and jamaesi on it) so you'll know who the crazy girl there is. ;)
I think it will start at 7:30, but I'm not exactly sure. They haven't sent out the flyers and stuff yet, so when I know I'll tell ya! :D

Either you or I must bring a camera, then we can show everyone pics of ourselves. :D