• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's please stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

I agree, and was fairly baffled by it.

He might have been from one of the local Baptist churches and didn't know how to handle the situation. They come through every few months to "invite us to hear the Word" at their churches.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To be fair, some Jehovah's Witnesses are successful in proving the Bible and the way it is being taught by the faithful and discreet slave is the best way of life for them and they feel it is their duty to let everyone know it. What they do not know is it is not the best way for everyone, and that it is not a humble attitude to insist it is. There is no way of knowing their way is proved true except to trust the men who say it is so.

I am happy to have met them (at my door) and joined them because now I know for sure the Bible is true. But the way they teach it is not true imo.

Wherenextcolumbus

To be fair, some Jehovah's Witnesses are successful in proving the Bible and the way it is being taught by the faithful and discreet slave is the best way of life for them and they feel it is their duty to let everyone know it. What they do not know is it is not the best way for everyone, and that it is not a humble attitude to insist it is. There is no way of knowing their way is proved true except to trust the men who say it is so.

I am happy to have met them (at my door) and joined them because now I know for sure the Bible is true. But the way they teach it is not true imo.

I say, how can I believe they are the faith and discreet slave when over time they have changed what and who the faithful and discreet slave is, it was taught the F&D slave (as in the anointed governing body) was appointed by Christ in 1919 but how can that be so? when in 1919 it was taught that only Russell was the faithful and discreet slave, not a group of people. It does not add up.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I say, how can I believe they are the faith and discreet slave when over time they have changed what and who the faithful and discreet slave is, it was taught the F&D slave (as in the anointed governing body) was appointed by Christ in 1919 but how can that be so? when in 1919 it was taught that only Russell was the faithful and discreet slave, not a group of people. It does not add up.

Faithful defined; "loyal, constant, and steadfast." They are not.

Discreet defined; "careful and circumspect in one's speech or actions, esp. in order to avoid causing offense or to gain an advantage." They are not that either.

:shrug:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
To be fair, some Jehovah's Witnesses are successful in proving the Bible...
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. What do you mean when you say "the prove the Bible"? Are you saying that they are able to prove that everything the Bible says happened actually happened? Or what?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. What do you mean when you say "the prove the Bible"? Are you saying that they are able to prove that everything the Bible says happened actually happened? Or what?

They prove to themselves that they are better people and enjoy a better life because they consider the Bible for guidance before deciding a course of action. They are not able to prove anything the Bible says. They are in high hopes God will reveal to the world they were right. That is what they are waiting for I suspect.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
If I have the time, I always talk to missionaries. I enjoy their nervous confusion as I explain to them that they are in the wrong neighborhood to be preaching their religions of hate and despair.
It doesn't matter which religion they are - JW's; Mormons; SavethePlanter's; LGBTC's; or Democrats.
I gently try and explain to them that this Orthodox Jewish neighborhood might be a tad hostile to their soul destroying philosophies.
I must admit, the young Mormons are generally somewhat interested - the rest get tired rather quickly and seek solace elsewhere.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
If I have the time, I always talk to missionaries. I enjoy their nervous confusion as I explain to them that they are in the wrong neighborhood to be preaching their religions of hate and despair.
It doesn't matter which religion they are - JW's; Mormons; SavethePlanter's; LGBTC's; or Democrats.
I gently try and explain to them that this Orthodox Jewish neighborhood might be a tad hostile to their soul destroying philosophies.
I must admit, the young Mormons are generally somewhat interested - the rest get tired rather quickly and seek solace elsewhere.

LGBTCs? Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender counseling? LGBT Counseling

So I guess your neighborhood is staunchly right-wing? Nevermind, don't bother to answer that. I'm familiar with ultra-Orthodox Jewish enclaves.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
LGBTCs? Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender counseling? LGBT Counseling

So I guess your neighborhood is staunchly right-wing? Nevermind, don't bother to answer that. I'm familiar with ultra-Orthodox Jewish enclaves.

Most of us. We do have a few Liberals whom we try and tolerate and love for the most part.

LBGT Crazy... Confused... Comical.... Contradictory... Cracked.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Most of us. We do have a few Liberals whom we try and tolerate and love for the most part.

LBGT Crazy... Confused... Comical.... Contradictory... Cracked.

Wow. Such a kind, loving and righteous man you must be. :rolleyes: Is this what your rabbi teaches you? To be so disrespectful?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Matt 24:14"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

This "witness" is being carried out in all the world in these last days, whether people want to hear it or not. Response to this message determines what happens to each person when "the end" comes. Just like the days of Noah, Jesus said, "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matt 24:37-39)

People can whine about the messengers if they like....but one day they will understand why we kept coming. :(

We are not there to annoy anyone any more than emergency service workers are there to annoy those they are warning of an approaching disaster.....we are there with a message that we hope will save lives. No one is forced to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.