• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Olbermann: Genius or Disease?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ok, ok. We have all heard the news that Olbermann and MSNBC have agreed to part ways.
What I am curious about is why many on RF seem to think so highly of him.

So, here's your chance.

Tell me why you think that Olbermann is worthy of a second look.

That said, I did enjoy his "interview" with Alvin Greene, although it was an interview that any cub reporter could have handled - with ease.
Greene was and remains a fairly easy target.

[youtube]ntlp4fTell4[/youtube]
EweToob - Keith Olbermann Interviews Alvin Greene - 06/10/10

(Please, please, I DO hope that no mentally unbalanced persons will take my use of the word "target" to mean that I am implying that Alvin Greene should be "targeted" or that the word has any violent connotations in the context given. It is merely a figure of speech and should not be taken literally. Hopefully that will make sense, even to those who are a few marbles short of a game.)

Last edited:

Random

I like Olbermann a lot, he's a fine commentator and a real character though at present there seem to be conflicting reports as to whether he quit of his own accord (per TMZ's original report for example) or was fired. Whatever the case, it is almost certainly due to the Comcast merger. Perhaps Olbermann objected to his new corporate overlords, perhaps they wanted rid of him. Either way, such a talent will not long be off screen, I believe.

Keith Olbermann fired by MSNBC

Keith Olbermann leaves MSNBC

Sure his twitter will have more news.

Alceste

Vagabond
He's a pretty decent editorialist. Has a way with words, and there's a whiff of "Network" about his style that I approve of. I like that film, and that character. I don't watch him, though, unless I'm feeling rage-y about the war, torture, suspension of habeus corpus, Guantanemo etc. When I'm in that kind of a mood he's just the thing, because he says what I think on those topics, often better than I could.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I only wish the man hadn't been so critical of republicans...
they are the true victims in all of this.
he was constantly overly mean to them...
psych.
he was mean to people who deserved it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
He's a pretty decent editorialist. Has a way with words, and there's a whiff of "Network" about his style that I approve of. I like that film, and that character. I don't watch him, though, unless I'm feeling rage-y about the war, torture, suspension of habeus corpus, Guantanemo etc. When I'm in that kind of a mood he's just the thing, because he says what I think on those topics, often better than I could.

I'm in agreement with you. Olbermann was very far from my favorite Liberal commentator, but I was in a mood to listen to him every now and then. He was indeed a pretty decent editorialist, but I often found myself thinking he was over doing it -- kind of like the OP of this thread over does it.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
He was indeed a pretty decent editorialist, but I often found myself thinking he was over doing it -- kind of like the OP of this thread over does it.
Indeed, Phil, I guess, as much as I dislike Olberman, I must admit that I am not above making use of cheap parlor tricks to get my point across. :)

Gunny

Semper Fi
KO is an idiot and moron of the highest degree. He's extremely bias and one of the biggest liars in news. I'm thankful fewer people will be exposed to him now that he's on Gore's Current TV.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
KO is an idiot and moron of the highest degree. He's extremely bias and one of the biggest liars in news. I'm thankful fewer people will be exposed to him now that he's on Gore's Current TV.

Brave words. Do you ever walk your talk by citing hardcore examples. Or, are the Glorious Windbags of the Right your heroes and you try to be just like them: All gas, no fact.