• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry's 20 Year Senate Record

In this thread, I'd like to talk about all the laws that Senator Kerry sponsored and got passed during his 20 years in the Senate.

I doubt the above will generate many replies, since Kerry only sponsored five bills that ever passed during his 20 year career. So in this thread we can also talk about Kerry's voting record. I would be very interested in why the good Senator voted against the First Gulf War. Just to be clear: that was the one where Iraq invaded Kuwait, and we had assembled a U.N.-backed coalition.

My analysis: Kerry is a dove, but he voted for the second Iraq War to help him in his future bid for President; now he gives very hawkish speeches about how he would have carried out a more efficient military campaign against Iraq, hoping to draw in moderates and conservatives because he knows liberals who opposed the war will vote for him anyway. To me, there is no telling what his policies will actually be once he gets in office--on many issues he appears to stand for everything, and nothing.

Anyway...let's hear some more comments on Kerry's record...

Ceridwen018

Dang, where did I put my flip-flops? Those were my favorite shoes and I can't find them anywhere! Hey Spinkles, can you flip that blanket over and see if they're under there? No? Oh well, I guess we can just flop down on the couch and watch a movie. Speaking of movies, I brought "Flipper's Great Adventure". It's really cool how he makes the bad guys flop up their plan. I mean, who thought a dolphin would be so smart?

Bush for president!! Woohoo!