• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kissing in public

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Does not bother me at all.
Why should it ?
How do you come up with the idea it might be to show Off?
How would that work?

You Kiss in public to show respect for an elder.
You Kiss in Public in Greeting.
You kiss in public to show affection.
You kiss in public to show comfort.
You kiss in public because you are in love.

These all seem like good reasons to Kiss.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
To me it depends where it is. If it is right in front of me when I am waiting to pay for something it annoys me. If it is on the beach or somewhere outside like that then, no it is fine.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
I'm with Nerthus, it's only when it actually gets in the way that it becomes annoying, and then it needn't be kissing it could be anything.

I'll go one step further though, again as long as it doesn't get in the way people could have kinky sex in public for all I care.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
To me there's a difference between a short, affectionate kiss (doesn't bother me at all - in fact, I think it's charming) and practically making out (get a room).

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
To be honest, I rarely see it. Occasionally youth with no previous girlfriends or boyfriends like to do it at bus stands and the like. "Hey, look at us, we're adults now." But that's not a lot different than smoking cigarettes at a young age. Its part of growing up. Adolescents sometimes have very mistaken ideas of what makes an adult.

But its cultural too. I've never seen it in India, or amongst my Hindu fiends, even amongst spouses.

Trey of Diamonds

I'm fine with it and get very annoyed at prudes who stick their noses in the air because someone's getting some and they aren't.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't mind it sometimes, like when someone is saying goodbye at a bus terminal or something. But for PDA, it makes me feel uncomfortable to see people going at it. There is a time and a place for everything. :)

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
To be honest, I rarely see it. Occasionally youth with no previous girlfriends or boyfriends like to do it at bus stands and the like. "Hey, look at us, we're adults now." But that's not a lot different than smoking cigarettes at a young age. Its part of growing up. Adolescents sometimes have very mistaken ideas of what makes an adult.

But its cultural too. I've never seen it in India, or amongst my Hindu fiends, even amongst spouses.
Now, now, not ALL Hindus are fiends! I know some pretty decent people on these forums who are Hindu. :D

outhouse

Atheistically
I think the problem lies with those who wish to mess with someones freedom to do what they want in public. There is a limit, and kissing isnt one of them.

Most people like that I find are ignorant to many aspects in life

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
My wife and I have boinked at most of the major landmarks in DC at one time or another. But I find kissing in public to be in very poor taste.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Doesn't bother me as long as it's not keeping me waiting for something or blocking my way. I've kissed my husband often in public and for us anyway, it's never been about showing off. I just feel very affectionate towards him and sometimes I just can't help it! ^///^