• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kyoto Accords Take Effect Today - Without the US

I think it is actually a crime that the US and Australia did not sign. I did a report on this for college and the reasons the two countries gave were poor, very poor, mostly based on economy, which is rubbish because the US economy could easily cope with the changes.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Isis: Wasting millions on the war on drugs is obviously more important than trying to reduce emissions that eat away at ozone, you silly thing. :rolleyes: :banghead3

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ah, how relieved I am; Do I need to slap myself on the wrist for not instinctively knowing your views?:)

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Have any of you read the Kyoto Accord? While I agree that it is a good idea for the world to find common ground in limiting the amount of polution going into out atmosphere, I am not sure the Kyoto Accord answers all of the problems that we face. Plus, in defense of my country, right now over 150 cities are either working on or have passed their own laws and regulations regarding polution with stiff penalties for those that do not comply, which is a steo in the right direction.:)

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Ha, Imagine how global warming on the long term is going to affect those economies...
I think I hate whoever shot down signing the treaty about now.
I kind of feel out of place in here because I have a totally different view on the whole "Global Warming" issue.
HTML:
www.realclimate.org
has some really good insight into alternate scientific thoughts on the subject. I had mentioned it once before, but I don't think anyone was paying attention because it seems that no one does any research other than the stuff to prove what they want to believe to be true. Give it a try and maybe you will see that things are not really as bad as some out there want you to believe. Just a thought.:)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Jensa said:
I think I hate whoever shot down signing the treaty about now.
That would be George Bush. If Gore was elected in 2000, he was ready to sign it. But Bush won, and backed out immediately, I guess he has more important things to plan......

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
EEWRED said:
Have any of you read the Kyoto Accord?
Yes, I have. It's been a while, but I read through the thing.
While I agree that it is a good idea for the world to find common ground in limiting the amount of polution going into out atmosphere, I am not sure the Kyoto Accord answers all of the problems that we face.
No one ever said it was going to answer all the problems! But it's a step in the right direction that the world is taking without the world's leading emissions prodcuer!
Plus, in defense of my country, right now over 150 cities are either working on or have passed their own laws and regulations regarding polution with stiff penalties for those that do not comply, which is a steo in the right direction.:)
And what about the ones that are not doing anything? I can't trust this administration to do anything about those cities, we need outside help for someone concerned about something other than their bank accounts.