• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laika: Adventures of a Space Dog

Laika

Premium Member
Tuesday 12th December

Hey all,

I first joined religiousforums.com back in January 2015. Older members will remember me for being an atheist and a communist, and hopefully also remember my attempts at having a sense of humour. My last post on religiousforums.com goes back to 11th December 2021, so that's almost exactly two years ago. Until now....You could almost set your watch to that.

As I have depression, my mental health has always taken priority to what I may or may not have wanted to do online. At times, I would have liked to have done more to improve my personal life, like find a job, take up driving lessons and pass my driving test, having friends and a social life, among other things. So there's always been a good reason for me to step away from online forums and to try to do 'something else'.

Earlier in 2023 I met up with @Rival and @Vouthon , who are both lovely people. We had a good time and I suspect that if @Vouthon had any more energy, we probably wouldn't have slept given the repeated amount of ferocious debating we did into the early hours of the morning. I met up with @Rival again early in December for bubble tea, breakfast and a late night trip to McDonalds.

I am currently on another forum for working on my mental health and have kept a journal there. It's proven to be really useful and constructive in alot of ways. But as discussing politics and philosophy isn't really appropriate there, especially given my eclectic fascination with obscure parts of Marxist theory and Communist history, I hope this first post will be the start of many more to come.

So cue the music, and let's see what adventures Christmas and 2024 brings! :partypooper::christmastree::santa:

Laika

Premium Member
Woof, brother.
Woof, woof brother! :dogface:

tenor.gif

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Earlier in 2023 I met up with @Rival and @Vouthon , who are both lovely people. We had a good time and I suspect that if @Vouthon had any more energy, we probably wouldn't have slept given the repeated amount of ferocious debating we did into the early hours of the morning. I met up with @Rival again early in December for bubble tea, breakfast and a late night trip to McDonalds.

Meeting other RF members sounds really cool. You must be in the UK, so meeting Rival and Vouthon must not have been too difficult to do.