• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lakshmi, symbolism, theology, the owl?

spyrichuwel

my post on that other thread triggered some thoughts

so Lakshmi is God giving you things, which would be objects

now try to meditate on this existentially

there appears to be many things within this universe but they are all matter all the same

so Lakshmi in a sense is "divided" or "fractured" or "fluctuating" or "crystalizing" Vishnu

awareness of material things, our senses of need, opulence/abudance

opening up of the senses, scanning, filtering, concentrating

wanting to possess something that I do not already have is, acquiring whatever that may be away from me, which is distance

there should be a connection also to "having a large inventory of items", since God is the too Great Giver right?

spyrichuwel

the important point of Lakshmi is distance, us being unable to get what we want, therefore invoking Her

"getting what is over there to ourselves" / distance

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Zeethyaar.jpg

Alakshmi (Jyeshtha Devi - 'the elder one'. Kashmir temple - Zeethyaar) rides a donkey, owl is Mother Lakshmi's vahana. Perhaps symbolizing people matrialistic tendencies. Gandhi said the rich are the stewards of the poor. Hinduism maintains that the correct use of riches is to use it for peoples' welfare.

Last edited:
my post on that other thread triggered some thoughts

so Lakshmi is God giving you things, which would be objects

now try to meditate on this existentially

there appears to be many things within this universe but they are all matter all the same

so Lakshmi in a sense is "divided" or "fractured" or "fluctuating" or "crystalizing" Vishnu

awareness of material things, our senses of need, opulence/abudance

opening up of the senses, scanning, filtering, concentrating

wanting to possess something that I do not already have is, acquiring whatever that may be away from me, which is distance

there should be a connection also to "having a large inventory of items", since God is the too Great Giver right?

click here -https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/vaishnava-texts-sri-lakshmi-devi.187474/#post-5873761