• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Largest Molecules Yet Behave Like Waves in Quantum

shawn001

The biggest issue is does QM work on large scales as well as small. It seems it does, as newer experiments are showing.

This could help combine the theories of cosmology on large scales and QM on small scales.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
The biggest issue is does QM work on large scales as well as small. It seems it does, as newer experiments are showing.

This could help combine the theories of cosmology on large scales and QM on small scales.

This is something I've always wondered myself: what kind of effects does quantum play on larger scales? Hopefully this might give us some answers.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
perhaps all particles have a wave form. which is like saying all matter does. or is it limited to discrete particles, rather than complex molecules. or perhas some not others........

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
perhaps all particles have a wave form. which is like saying all matter does. or is it limited to discrete particles, rather than complex molecules. or perhas some not others........
Particles and waves are just approximate metaphors. They are not accurate, just good enough for 99% of purposes.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
This is something I've always wondered myself: what kind of effects does quantum play on larger scales? Hopefully this might give us some answers.

You can solve the Schroedinger wave equation for anything, even macroscopic objects -- even people.

Even the universe (Wheeler-DeWitt equation).

As Poly said, these concepts of "waves" and "particles" are approximations. Neither is actually the case.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend shawn,

If am not mistaken the CERN experiment is about QM in new light ahead of Relativity??

Love & rgds