• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest Reports of Past Actions on COVID

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
I don't disdain rights. I acknowledge they come with great responsibility. This does mean at times having to yield my rights to the rights of another. A global pandemic means limiting myself even further to keep myself and others safe. People have a right to health and life, and acting carelessly during a global pandemic violates those rights.
I agree 100%. Whose decision is it to "yield [your] rights" in such cases? Whose decision is it to determine how you yield your rights, and for how long?

I speak ill of them. But right now I'm focusing on a group more relevant to here. And it's not all Christians. I narrowed that one down too.
And no, there wasn't people of all walks of life speaking out against what you call "oppression."
There weren't? The only people who were speaking out were conservative Christians? What about me? I'm Christian, but not conservative. So much for your theory?
Many countries, who rank higher than us on levels of freedom, had the mentality that it's fools who didn't take the precautions and risks seriously. These are the countries that had lower death rates.
My interest is that government in my country executes the law. And here, government's purpose is to secure the rights of the people against infringement. I have nothing to do with what other countries do.

That doesn't really describe what you saw though.
I already described what I saw.
it denies that America taken covid restrictions more seriously them most of the dead would still be alive. Healthcare providers wouldn't have quit in droves.
I don't know how you know such things. I sure don't. Either way, living in a free society is tempestuous, as Thomas Jefferson said. I choose the "tempestuous sea of liberty" over the "calm of despotism" any day of the week, even if it means I lose my life. If liberty doesn't suit certain Americans, they should emigrate to a nation where government offers security in exchange for freedom.
The ones who abused others where those who wouldn't refrain from gatherings or wear a mask while in public (or they wore it under their chin or nose).
I don't agree. Impasse.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I agree 100%. Whose decision is it to "yield [your] rights" in such cases? Whose decision is it to determine how you yield your rights, and for how long?

There weren't? The only people who were speaking out were conservative Christians? What about me? I'm Christian, but not conservative. So much for your theory?
My interest is that government in my country executes the law. And here, government's purpose is to secure the rights of the people against infringement. I have nothing to do with what other countries do.

I already described what I saw.
I don't know how you know such things. I sure don't. Either way, living in a free society is tempestuous, as Thomas Jefferson said. I choose the "tempestuous sea of liberty" over the "calm of despotism" any day of the week, even if it means I lose my life. If liberty doesn't suit certain Americans, they should emigrate to a nation where government offers security in exchange for freedom.
I don't agree. Impasse.
We know such things from comparing the death toll and preventative actions taken (or not taken) with other countries and their results. Something you apparently don't want to do.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
We know such things from comparing the death toll and preventative actions taken (or not taken) with other countries and their results. Something you apparently don't want to do.
No, I'm just honest about what is science and what is not, and about what are good data and what are not.