• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latter-Day Church of Jesus Christ

mystic man

Esoteric
The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ

The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ is a small denomination within the Latter Day Saint movement. Formally organized on May 27, 2007 in Derbyshire, England, the church is comprised primarily of former members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The leader of the church is Matthew Philip Gill, who is accepted by the church as a prophet, seer, revelator, and translator, which are some of the ecclesiastical titles held by Latter Day Saint movement founder Joseph Smith, Jr.

The members of the church began meeting informally in 2006 as The Latter Day Church of Christ. The name of the church was changed at its formal organization.

The church believes that Gill is the first legitimate successor to Joseph Smith since Smith's death in 1844. They believe that God's true church has not existed on the earth since that time. The church accepts the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible, the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon and the 1835 edition of the Doctrine and Covenants. They also accept the Book of Jeraneck (a 110-page record that Gill translated from metal plates that purports to be a record of the ancient inhabitants of the British Isles) as scripture. Gill's revelations from God are also being collected and printed as a book of scripture entitled the Book of Prophecy and Revelation. The church is also in the process of deciding which apocryphal books to include in its biblical canon.
The church rejects the practice of plural marriage and maintains that Smith never taught or practiced it. Although the church rejects all affiliation with the Utah-based LDS Church, it describes itself as a "Mormon organization".

Book of Jeraneck

The Book of Jeraneck is one of the sacred texts of The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ. No other religious denomination accepts the 110-page book as scripture.

According to Gill, in 2006 he translated Book of Jeraneck from 24 brass plates that he received from God. The book purports to be a record of the former ancient inhabitants of the British Isles. Gill's followers claim his story has many parallels to the story of Joseph Smith, Jr.'s production of the Book of Mormon as a record of ancient inhabitants of the Americas. Among the claims of the Book of Jeraneck is that Stonehenge was a Christian "Temple of Light" of the prehistorical residents of England.

The book was published by the church in 2007.

*courtesy of Wikipedia*

Finally a prophet that posts videos!
berwood2001@YouTube

cardero

Citizen Mod
FLDS, RLDS, LDS and the The Latter Day Church Of Jesus Christ. Now I'm really confused.

Are there any links with pictures to the 24 golden plates that have been translated into the Book of Jeranek? Inquiring scientists will most likely be interested in examining them.

mystic man

Esoteric
FLDS, RLDS, LDS and the The Latter Day Church Of Jesus Christ. Now I'm really confused.

Are there any links with pictures to the 24 golden plates that have been translated into the Book of Jeranek? Inquiring scientists will most likely be interested in examining them.

Of course not. The only way you are allowed to see the 24 BRASS plates is if you have been in the church long enough, they have prayed about it and Jesus tells Matt you can see them. Having them on display would be far to logical.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
It will be interesting to see if they flourish, maybe there are golden plates for every country. Look out for the Saudi version next.

keithnurse

I saw an image of Joseph Smith and Jesus in my toast this morning. He told me all previous LDS churches are false and he appointed me as head apostle of the NILDS church. "New and Improved Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I saw an image of Joseph Smith and Jesus in my toast this morning. He told me all previous LDS churches are false and he appointed me as head apostle of the NILDS church. "New and Improved Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

I'm happy for you:areyoucra

DadBurnett

Instigator

Sorry to confuse you even more, having visited Independence, Missouri recently, I found that the RLDS is now the Community of Christ ...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I couldn't access their website.

Questions ,thoughts and ponderings...

The current BOM isn't the same as the 1830 edition. I'd love to hear the arguments on that one.

The members of this new mormonism are comprised of those predisposed to believe this new prophet.

Interesting that they reject plural marriage. The Salt Lake City Mormons never, to my knowledge, actually renounced it by revelation but its practice, under great pressure. The Celestial Kingdom for them is still polygamous. Is this true for this new church?

Where is, or will be, their temple? The Kirland Temple is owned by the Reorgs (Church of Christ). And it's too far away.

Will they have missionaries? How else will they grow? Or will they end of like most of the other Mormon groups, obscure and localized?

Tithing? They will of course need money. The SLC church is rich from it.

What of The Book of Abraham? A loaded question.

Perhaps, maybe, they will become the fundamentalists of the Mormon Movement. Having told Brigham Young and Joseph Smith III where to get off, I think they have that potential.

I wonder what these people would be doing if they didn't have this to keep them busy? So is this a good thing?
I'm afraid you're probably not going to get very many answers to your questions. Since you asked them on the "New Religious Movements" DIR, only members of the "Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ," which is not the same as the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" should be responding to them. On the other hand, you might want to consider the fact that Forum Rule #10 states, "Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted." I don't suppose any of your questions qualify as argumentative, though, do they?

SoulTraveler

Bell Curve Jumper
I'm afraid you're probably not going to get very many answers to your questions. Since you asked them on the "New Religious Movements" DIR, only members of the "Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ," which is not the same as the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" should be responding to them. On the other hand, you might want to consider the fact that Forum Rule #10 states, "Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted." I don't suppose any of your questions qualify as argumentative, though, do they?

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm new here and I'm looking at so many posts I lose track of where I am at the moment. I'll look twice next time.