• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law enforcement is too aggressive

I personally think law enforcement is too aggressive in America. What can we do to make law enforcement take a more humane approach to their duties? I think the money that buys military equipment for the police should be used to fund programs that help troubled members of society stay away from crime. I want to see a more humanistic America. I think the America we have right now is too statist and too corporatist.

samosasauce

We give cops a huge amount of freedom to do what they please. This is a huge problem, because essentially a cop could just knock on an innocent someone's door then shoot them, then come up with an excuse for it and be off the hook.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We give cops a huge amount of freedom to do what they please. This is a huge problem, because essentially a cop could just knock on an innocent someone's door then shoot them, then come up with an excuse for it and be off the hook.
"I smelled marijuana."
That always works.
Civil liberties out the window!

Last edited:

Brinne

Police militarization is a problem. No small town police department needs a tank. In fact, I don't think ANY police department in America needs a tank.

Alceste

Vagabond
I don't know. If I'm going around describing police as a tool of state violence and coercion tasked with protecting the rich from the poor, it's nice to know they are gonna look and act the part. :D