• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leftist Newspaper Rants: We Love Abortion!

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
MEDIA MATTERS
[font=Palatino,][size=+2]Leftist weekly: We
love abortion
[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino,][size=+1]Paper revels in being placed on pro-life group's boycott list[/size][/font][size=-1]

[/size]

[size=-1]© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com [/size]

A leftist weekly paper in Portland, Ore., has declared its love for abortion in a sarcastic response to a pro-life group putting the publication on its boycott list.

According to a statement from Life Decisions International, or LDI, it targeted the Portland Mercury as part of its Corporate Funding Project. The effort places corporations that fund abortion provider Planned Parenthood on a boycott list.

As part of the process, LDI writes a letter to the chief executive officer of each company, giving the firm a chance to stop funding Planned Parenthood before it is put on the list.

The Portland Mercury used the opportunity to hammer LDI and publicize its proud support for the abortion provider.

A photo of the letter from Douglas Scott, president of Life Decisions International, appeared on the cover of the tabloid's April 6 issue, and the following letter of response was published inside:

[A NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: On our front cover is an unedited letter sent to us by Douglas R. Scott, president of Life Decisions International – a group whose sole purpose is to put Planned Parenthood out of business. Here's our response to Mr. Scott!]

DEAR MR. SCOTT: Thank you for your recent correspondence. It gladdens my heart to see people who still see the necessity in standing up for what's right. Bearing that in mind, the Portland Mercury is thrilled that Life Decisions International has chosen us to be included in your upcoming publication, The Boycott List. We have struggled long and hard to provide corporate and moral support to Planned Parenthood, and until now, it felt like no one had even noticed. But now that the Portland Mercury is featured in The Boycott List, we can shove it in the face of all those other liberal organizations, and say, "You think you love abortion? Well … look at THIS! We reaaaaaaaalllly love abortion!"

But abortion is not the only reason we love Planned Parenthood. We love how they provide much needed health services such as safe-sex counseling, gynecological exams, prenatal care, pregnancy testing, treatment for STDs and much more – all at a reasonable cost. Their services were especially helpful when your wife gave me chlamydia, or that time I impregnated your daughter. (Wait … maybe that was some other Christian bigot's wife and daughter. Regardless, those gals love to party!) But Planned Parenthood isn't just for the promiscuous daughters and wives of hypocritical honky anti-choice crackers. It's for any woman who believes in the American right to choose and make responsible decisions regarding her own body.

So thank you once again for recognizing the Portland Mercury's continuing devotion and support for Planned Parenthood by including us in The Boycott List – and if it's not too late, we'd like to make one more request: Is there any way you can push us to the top of the list? Wm. Steven Humphrey, Editor, Portland Mercury

Responded Mr. Scott:

"As is so often the case with those who 'love' abortion, Humphrey prefers to ignore the grossly evil acts committed by Planned Parenthood and concentrate on its seemingly innocuous activities. It's quite interesting that Humphrey can refer to 'Christian bigots' while blatantly exposing his own anti-Christ bigotry. Furthermore, Humphrey seems to rely almost exclusively on name-calling, a racist remark, extensive sarcasm, and downright perverse comments about having sex with a Christian wife or daughter."

Scott continued: "Let's not be overly appalled by Humphrey's remarks. Humphrey is serving his god just as we are serving our God. As atrocious as it is, we should not be the least bit surprised that he would write such things."

I think this is just outrageous. How we can put up with someone printing that kind of bigoted filth against Christians and not getting arrested is beyond me.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I always like to note what genuinely nice, warm people these anti-Christian "pro-choice" people are. You know you have to really love women to claim you slept with ones you never even met.

jimbob

The Celt
too bad their mothers didn't loved abortion as much as they do. Then we wouldn't have to listen to them complain that the death of children should be made legal.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Jimbob, I don't. I wish they'd finally get a clue that they are filled with hate and lies and wisen up and SERVE GOD instead of themselves.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Deut. 32.8 said:
They didn't say that, of course, but what's a little pious fraud among suporters of the Christian Right.
I'm a litle confused. Are you saying that the letter is a forgery? Please explain.

jimbob

The Celt
johnnys4life said:
Jimbob, I don't. I wish they'd finally get a clue that they are filled with hate and lies and wisen up and SERVE GOD instead of themselves.
QUOTE=jimbob]too bad their mothers didn't love abortion as much as they do. Then we wouldn't have to listen to them complain that the death of children should be made legal.[/QUOTE]
I was saying i wish their moms would have told them that abortion was wrong. i agree with you about them serving God. i wrote it wrong, sorry,

The didn't should have read did

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Deut. 32.8 said:
No - you explain where the "leftist newspaper" says "we love abortion".
Assuming that the above letter from the editor is what was in fact written (and realizing that these things have a tendency to be embellished by some), he wrote:

We reaaaaaaaalllly love abortion!"

Saw11_2000

Hmmmm...I support abortion but I'm not going to parade myself around saying I like to kill babies. That's a bit too dramatic, and it just seems a bit rude to me.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
johnnys4life said:
I think this is just outrageous. How we can put up with someone printing that kind of bigoted filth against Christians and not getting arrested is beyond me.
Because it's a free country, whether you like it or not. What's disgusting is the idea of arresting someone for practicing free speech.

I know I just got off your ignore list, Johnnys, but you may just have to put me back on it.

There are things printed against EVERY religious group, and I don't hear you crying out for people like Jack Chick who sells comics that tell that Muslims worship a false idol to get arrested.

Blatant hypocrisy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It seems the editor of the Portland Mercury was being sarcastic when he wrote "We reeeeaaaally love abortion". That his sarcasim was apparent did not prevent Mr. Scott from pretending to take it at face value.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
*eyes roll out of her head*

Ad hominem attacks aren't really the best to base any debate on.

Nevertheless, the only things that come to my mind are how did I miss that memo that made sarcasm illegal and if you don't like abortion, don't have one.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
jamaesi said:
*eyes roll out of her head*

Ad hominem attacks aren't really the best to base any debate on.

Nevertheless, the only things that come to my mind are how did I miss that memo that made sarcasm illegal and if you don't like abortion, don't have one.
Sarcasm is one thing, but this is a little much. I think I have a good sense of humor (maybe I'm wrong), and I am not mad or anything, but that is pretty harsh. Especially when you know that you are writting to someone who considers abortion murder.

The Black Whirlwind

i saw this quote in my law class, and i think it is good for j4l's quote that "this is outrageous, these people should be arrested":

"I may not like what you say, but i will defend to the death, your right to say it"

The Black Whirlwind

all the christians should stop PMS'ing at every little thing said bad about them. i agree with Jensa, a lto of people think its terrible that their religion is being bashed, but no one really cares about anyone else's religion getting the same treatment.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Oh, trust me, I believe people have the right to say anything they want, but if you really believe in your cause, and you want others to see things your way, tact is important. This kind of sarcasm carries with it an, "I don't care what you think or how you believe" attitude that doesn't do anyone any good.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
md_88 said:
all the christians should stop PMS'ing at every little thing said bad about them. i agree with Jensa, a lto of people think its terrible that their religion is being bashed, but no one really cares about anyone else's religion getting the same treatment.
I do. I may not agree, but I will fight to the death for your right to believe what you want.